Her blood spilled, and she fell to floor. The stately school, built in 1934, has alumni that includes basketball icon Wilt Chamberlain and members of the soulful Delfonics. Pop Art wasn’t soft, but they had a way of taking the hardcore and making it radio friendly. Those guys were pillars.”In the years since Cool C’s 1996 conviction and incarceration, he has become one of the artists who have fallen into the margins of hip-hop history, practically forgotten. He was so nice on the court.” Off the court, both Steady B and Cool C, as well as their schoolmate Fresh Prince, performed the Miss Overbrook Pageant and other local venues in West Philly.Philadelphia turntable master DJ Cash Money, winner of the New Music Seminar DJ Battle in 1987, is widely credited with pioneering the art of spinning.
While the records made by Cool C and Steady B still serve as the theme music to vibrant yesteryear memories, their cultural legacy is now soiled by the senselessness of the events that changed many lives one fateful winter morning.And for what? They let that materialistic side of hip-hop get the best of them. They just didn’t wake up that morning intending to kill a cop.” The Morning Show with Larry Emdur and Kylie Gillies is the latest news, lifestyle, recipes, entertainment and weather. Pop Art’s first forays into rap were Eddie D’s “Cold Cash Money” and Roxanne Shanté’s “Roxanne Revenge” in 1984. In the 1970s, years before fictional gangster rapper-turned-music-mogul Lucious Lyon made Philadelphia rap fodder for culture vultures on Located in West Philly on City Line Avenue, the small label soon became a hip-hop beacon in the brotherly love metropolis. Try disabling any ad blockers and refreshing this page. were ready to explode. “I’d known Steady B since we were in middle school, but me and Cool C became friends in ninth grade when he was a starter on the varsity basketball team. What Does It Mean?” originated “gangsta rap” as a genre. They took $1,500 in ones and left, but when I saw that gun on television, I knew it had been them.”Although some rap fans have always embraced the gangsta visions of their favorite MCs, beyond the big talk and thug-life lyricism, no one ever expects the voice blaring through the radio to actually be robbing banks and blasting police officers. Later that day, it’d be raining green.However, within moments of entering the PNC Bank, the silent alarm was tripped; the pair’s clumsily thought-out plan began to go haywire.Riding solo in patrol car #2516, female Philadelphia police officer Lauretha Vaird, a former teacher’sAlthough Steady B and Cool C were young boys, still teens when they signed on the dotted line, they were repping the region well, working as hard as their elders Lady B, Schoolly D and MC Breeze. It was tragic.”Philadelphia transplant Boo Rosario’s mother was a PPD officer at the time, despite his own occasional walks on the wild side. Clad in fresh-pressed Adidas track suits, truck jewelry and the coolest, cleanest kicks, C was always sharp, perpetually on point.“When it came to fashion, he was slick,” Schoolly D recalls. 4 months ago. Canty was arrested two weeks later in Maryland.When the anticipated winter storm hit that first month of ‘96, Philadelphia was blanketed with whiteness. Career. After exchanging gunfire with another officer, Roney frantically escaped with McGlone in a green van. Dropping his album Pop Art and Steady B were on a mission to expose the flyness of their ‘hood. “Cool C meant a lot of things to a lot of people, but he is still a real person to me.”But within weeks of Sims seeing the press release, Cool C received a stay from Pennsylvania Judge Gary Glazer. As the first single released from his debut album “That song was so awesome,” remembers the trailblazing rapper and popular radio personality Lady B. Lifelong Philly resident Courtney Carter attended classes there with Steady B and Cool C, and knew them both well. “Dude jumped over the front desk and was waving a gun in my face. In another bank across town, her parents heard of their daughter’s death from a television set. Ice-T stops by #UniqueAccess to discuss the Beastie Boys & Schoolly D Inspiring “6 In The Mornin’.” The rap pioneer also tells #SorenBaker not sending people to prison with his music. I’m like, really, Atlanta wasn’t even making any doggone rap back then.” Still dwelling in the city, Cash remembers those long gone nights when he shared the bill with the Hilltop Hustlers crew, performing on stage at the Wynn Ballroom, the Spectrum or at Lady B’s classic After Midnight jams. “Whenever the early days of rap is discussed, Philly is often written out,” Cash Money says.

So what if it was supposed to snow? If that doesn't work, please visit our help page.
11K likes. We had these guys representing where we was from, and that was special too.