Diego Costa was booed by the Brazilian crowd during his first appearance on home soil since electing to play for World Cup rivals Spain.

Besides, Brazilians are good people. En yüksek piyasa değeri: Huge collection, amazing choice, 100+ million high quality, affordable RF and RM images. "Should he be selected, he could make his Spain debut on 19 November in a friendly against South Africa. Diego Costa, who scored twice in Spain's 3-3 draw with Portugal, has said he would relish the chance to face Brazil, the country of his birth, in the World Cup final.Costa played twice for Brazil in 2013 before deciding to represent Spain the following year. If someone else has to play, I just have to support them and congratulate them because they deserve it.

Diego Costa is from a small state in Brazil. "But that issue [of switching allegiances] has already passed and people are already used to it. 14.50 mil. Diego Costa (right) is yet to declare if he wants to play for Brazil or Spain.

Costa had played two friendly games for Brazil in 2013 - against Italy and Russia - but, as mentioned, senior friendly games do not bar a player from making a change of national team.

SPAIN striker Diego Costa was so out of shape when he arrived at Atletico Madrid from Chelsea that the coaching staff put him on a punishing training regime. Diego Costa, who scored twice in Spain's 3-3 draw with Portugal, has said he would relish the chance to face Brazil, the country of his birth, in the World Cup final. Getty Images imago images "Costa added that he would not expect a backlash from Brazilians over his decision to play for Spain if his dream final were to happen. imago images Costa made his debut for Spain in 2014 Why does Diego Costa play for Spain? "I have family in Brazil and it is the country where I was born. 60.00 mil. Football statistics of Diego Costa including club and national team history. Atletico Madrid's Brazil-born forward Diego Costa has confirmed his intention to play for Spain.Costa, who holds Brazilian and Spanish passports, has written to the Brazilian Football Confederation stating he wants to represent the world champions.Costa played for Brazil in March - but only in friendly matches, and so could switch allegiances.This season, Costa has been in superb form for Atletico - the club he has been with since 2007 - and is the top scorer in La Liga with 11 goals after 10 matches. "Costa initially struggled to make an impact with Spain, scoring just once in his first 10 appearances and not at all at the 2014 World Cup as Spain went out early on.He was not included in Vicente del Bosque's squad for Euro 2016 but returned for the World Cup qualifiers under Julen Lopetegui and scored five goals. Getty Images Atletico Madrid's Brazil-born forward Diego Costa has confirmed his intention to play for Spain. "Should he be selected, he could make his Spain debut on 19 November in a friendly against South Africa.

"A striker lives off goals, and I'm delighted with the two that I scored. I hope that God allows me to live there again in the future. imago images All that I have in my life was given to me by this country. "Costa stressed that he would not take his place in the starting XI as guaranteed, with Celta Vigo's Iago Aspas and Valencia striker Rodrigo also in contention.