Federer tried another drop shot.

I was not crying around,” he said.Thiem’s surprise win wrapped a tournament that lost Nadal to injury and lost No. How they deal with the ties that bind.The Dodgers’ focus on developing young homegrown starting pitchers has resulted in sustained effectiveness and a rosy future.Broke barriers and later mentored Arthur Ashe and Serena and Venus WilliamsDominic Thiem celebrates after defeating Roger Federer in the men’s final of the BNP Paribas Open on Sunday in Indian Wells. "After the procedure, the doctors confirmed that it was the right thing to have done and are very confident of a full recovery.

“I hope, and we all hope, that he continues for quite a while still.”For one day, at least, Thiem was the better player even if he couldn’t quite believe it.“It would be nice,” Thiem said, “if I could hold this shape, all these positive emotions, also in the next tournament and then in every tournament I play.”Get the latest on L.A.'s teams in the daily Sports Report newsletter.

As you can As you can Federer, Thiem to Practice Together in Preparation for Monte Carlo - Looking for Tennis and Racket Sports International News?

“I thought that the first one, I hit very well. Roger Federer v Two Guys, 2018 US Open practice, 4K - … 1 Novak Djokovic and No. Yes, he says, it’s really as bad as you’ve heard.Statewide in California, the transmission rate of COVID-19 has stabilized or is falling, and hospitalization rates are also dropping.The body that runs the electric grid for most of California has declared a statewide Stage 3 emergency due to excessive heat driving up electricity use and straining the grid.President Trump’s order for a $400 unemployment extension might end up being $300 -- if it arrives at all. 3 Sascha Zverev to third-round upsets. Tournament 3 Sascha Zverev to third-round upsets. Roger Federer v. Dominic Thiem, 2019 US Open practice, 4K - Duration: 15:39. proTennisPhotos 887,857 views. Yes, he says, it’s really as bad as you’ve heard.Statewide in California, the transmission rate of COVID-19 has stabilized or is falling, and hospitalization rates are also dropping.The body that runs the electric grid for most of California has declared a statewide Stage 3 emergency due to excessive heat driving up electricity use and straining the grid.President Trump’s order for a $400 unemployment extension might end up being $300 -- if it arrives at all. “For all of us younger players, it’s really a privilege to still be able to compete with him and to play against him in the finals of big tournaments like this one,” Thiem said. I was not crying around,” he said.Thiem’s surprise win wrapped a tournament that lost Nadal to injury and lost No. Two days later, Thiem became only the second player in tournament history (Thiem is one of 74 players who have faced Federer at least six times, but only five of them, including the Austrian, have a winning record. 2017 Laver Cup Doubles R. Nadal/R.Federer vs. S.Querrey/J.Sock / FULL MATCH - Duration: 1:34:14. I think that’s why also he did well here this week,” Federer said. Federer hadn’t dropped a set in his previous four matches, had been broken only once, and was physically fresh following a walkover in the semifinals due to Rafael Nadal’s knee injury.Federer, seeded No. “I hope, and we all hope, that he continues for quite a while still.”For one day, at least, Thiem was the better player even if he couldn’t quite believe it.“It would be nice,” Thiem said, “if I could hold this shape, all these positive emotions, also in the next tournament and then in every tournament I play.”Get the latest on L.A.'s teams in the daily Sports Report newsletter.

Federer tried another drop shot. Subcategory - Duration: 10:14. Nitto ATP Finals, Group Bjorn Borg, Thiem d.Federer 7-5, 7-5 But at the season-ending Nitto ATP Finals, where Federer has collected a record six titles, surely the Swiss would turn around their 2019 rivalry.Federer had won his 10 th Basel title in October and was eyeing another “Big Title” to go with his Miami crown (d. Isner) after near misses at Indian Wells and Wimbledon (l. to Djokovic). So just these little things, you know, that matter today. The result was the same: Thiem “So the second one I should have hit it, but I didn’t.

He did very well when he got up to the ball, stayed calm, made the shot.“And I maybe should have covered the first one, I feel like, but again, you know, he looks good when he gets there, and that’s what clay-courters can really do. You cannot really practice that,” Thiem said, smiling. “He covers the net well, so it was good for myself that I could pass him twice.”Federer gave credit where it was due. During the next rally Federer went for a drop shot. No part of this site may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any way or by any means (including photocopying, recording or storing it in any medium by electronic means), without the written permission of ATP Tour, Inc.. Year “Mentally, it was a really good week because I stayed focused in on all the matches. I just came up against somebody who was, on the day, a bit better when it really mattered.”The turning point on Sunday arrived when they were at 5-5 in the third set, after Thiem had hit a backhand into the net to give Federer a 30-15 lead. Category “So the second one I should have hit it, but I didn’t.

Roger Federer practicing at the 2018 US Open. The freedom to sit outdoors unmolested by bugs.Rams tight end Tyler Higbee knows how much Travis Kelce and George Kittle are getting paid, and he’s ready to show his true worth in 2020.Chargers coach Anthony Lynn indicates Sam Tevi is the frontrunner for the starting left tackle job as Trey Pipkins deals with a knee injury.Fathers have been separated from their families for nearly six weeks. Times sports columnist Bill Plaschke talks about experiencing COVID-19. You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times. “He covers the net well, so it was good for myself that I could pass him twice.”Federer gave credit where it was due.