- Is your locale (region) setting correct?

Stack Overflow for Teams is a private, secure spot for you and

But those 4 keys on the right are labeled differently from mine.I mentioned in the post that this gives me planking L Stack Exchange network consists of 177 Q&A communities including

Push the FN and the number lock key once to turn on the 10key function in the Qwerty keys and push them both again to turn it off." In today’s article, you’ll learn about all the available methods you can use to type the Backslash Symbol on your keyboard, whether you are using Windows or Mac, and whether you are working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint or in your browser. @wim - I've never seen a keyboard sans keypad that didn't have the numeric keys "shadowed" on the right-hand side of the alpha keyboard.

The American Standard Code for Information Interchange, or ASCII code, was created in 1963 by the "American Standards Association" Committee or "ASA", the agency changed its name in 1969 by "American National Standards Institute" or "ANSI" as it is known since.Without knowing it you use it all the time, every time you use a computer system, but if all you need is to get some of the characters not included in your keyboard should do the following, for example:

Featured on Meta BackSlash Linux is completely free to … everyone outside the Windows world) use forward slashes as separators. It only takes a minute to sign up.I'm trying to use a UK keymap on a physical US keyboard on my notebook (Asus Zenbook UX31E). To access it you use "NumLk". The Backslash “\” symbol is the reverse of the slash or forward slash symbol (/). When regular expressions sees a backslash, it knows that it should interpret the next character literally.

or others see the problem more clearly. Settings-Control panel-Clock,language,region-Change Input methodOn windows 8, pressing the back slash key gave me hash, but on pressing the alt gr + back slash key I got the back slash.I have just run into this problem on Windows 10.

Anybody can ask a question My keyboard has vertical bar and backslash (I need vertical bar (for pipe) all the time in Linux, and, fortunately, found that with Is there any similar trick for getting a backslash? You will now see a representation of a keyboard on the screen!Under the "Keyboard" menu you should have Enhanced Keyboard and 102-keys selected. Sign up to join this community. Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us

Any help is appreciated.To include a backslash in JSON would instead look like:If you had such a valid document, you could then use:Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users.

It is most often found directly to the left of the Enter key, but can also be placed below or above the enter key. Has anyone experienced something like this/ something similar? @DanielRHicks I've heard of numeric keypads being accessible with 7,8,9,U,I,O,J,K,L on notepads before, but I've never got it working because I don't seem to have a num lock key!

… Detailed answers to any questions you might have

And I can't enter alt codes because I don't have a numeric keypad. I have a a key with a \ in it and I can't seem to access it in using jq. The backslash key is located directly above the the Return key on Apple keyboards.

If xmodmap configuration window will show on next login on your Linux distro, then: 1. - Are you using a special, none normal keyboard?

Use the backslash to escape any special character and interpret it literally; for example: \\ (escapes the backslash) \[ (escapes the bracket) \{ (escapes the curly brace) \. The keyboard settings in the sysconfig folder are correctly set to UK settings and all keys work except backslash.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Thanks Mike. That said, I see no lock here though I can't zoom in much omg if I had know this sooner, it would have saved me a year of switching gb-us all the time...This works for me using a physical US (ms surface pro 3) keyboard running in UK mode in windows 8.

In case you're actually talking about the forwardslash (/) it's to the right of the right Shift key, on the same button as the question mark (?). The backslash (\) is that signal.

Learn more about Stack Overflow the company By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader.

I live in the UK.what I found is you can still have your Keyboard set to your country but to get the missing key, in my case \ and #, the trick is to hold down alt and type in 92 for \ and hold alt and type 35 for #. I bought an Asus ROG gamining laptop off Amazon and no-where did they tell me it was an american keyboard layout.