The Pirates only saw one runner get to third base all game long.After a couple of quiet innings, Josh VanMeter led off the bottom of the seventh with a double and was moved to third base on an infield single by Freddy Galvis. The Jones-Thornburg duo combined for 2 1/3 perfect Sonny Gray I CHC @ CIN 2020 Aces of the Staff. The second factor, to the best of our ability, was matching up our opposition the best we can. It’s going to be a fun game to play.

It’s a stretch of 17 games until the first off-day. CINCINNATI — Derek Shelton has talked a lot about wanting to learn from Jim Leyland. “It was something that I was preparing myself to pitch in that game because if the opportunity came, I wanted to be ready.

Copyright © 2011 - 2020 Aaron Doster, AP Fullscreen Sonny Gray Takes First Loss Of 2020. Bottom line is that Sonny Gray is very good no matter who he is throwing to, although maybe we should carry Graterol on the playoff roster just in case. Last evening, despite losing 9-6, the Reds bullpen threw seven innings of excellent baseball allowing just two hits and no runs.

Castillo was the team’s Opening Day starter in 2019, and he was also an All-Star, going 15-8 with a 3.40 ERA and 226 strikeouts in 32 starts (190 2/3 innings).Bell made sure he let Castillo know that choosing Gray for the opener was not a knock on him.“You can imagine that conversation was all about, ‘Hey, this has nothing to do with your performance or our faith or confidence in your ability.’ It was more the other two factors,” Bell said.Tyler Mahle will be prepared as a starter going into the season, in case he is needed for a tandem or piggyback type of start for one of the back-of-the-rotation arms.

Two out of three isn’t so bad, right?

Sonny Gray struck out 11 and allowed one hit in 6 2/3 innings during the Cincinnati Reds' 12-7 win over the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday. The Reds bullpen has now thrown 12.2 consecutive scoreless innings. See Sonny Gray weekly game logs.

National Team: us USA (College) Full Name: Sonny Douglas Gray Twitter: @SonnyGray2. This was the first multi-Home Run game of his career. ... Posted on August 14, 2020 [get_snippet] Brett Favre Would "Love To See It"Reilly Smith Strikes Again as Vegas Takes 2-0 Series LeadBo Horvat Scores Twice As Canucks Defeat Blues In Game 1Joel Farabee Scores Game-Winner In Game 1 Against CanadiensMarlon Vera Has Hopes Of Derailing The Sugar Hype TrainJairzinho Rozenstruik Can Turn The Corner With Rebound WinMerab Dvalishvili Looking To Win Fifth Fight In A RowJohn Dodson Looking To Start Another Run In The UFCEric Hosmer Activated Off IL, Rejoins Lineup SaturdayBrooks Koepka Will Try To Three-Peat The PGA ChampionshipMookie Betts Participates In Modified Hitting DrillShai Gilgeous-Alexander Leads Thunder With 24 PointsWe Are Your Secret Weapon.

— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) August 15, 2020. The Yankees and Oakland A's both lost the Sonny Gray trade. He sets a great example. Bell announced on Wednesday that Sonny Gray will be the club’s Opening Day starter vs. the Tigers on July All images are property the copyright holder and are displayed here for informational purposes only. I want to be ready physically.” Cancel Unsubscribe. Lucas Sims could also factor in similarly.“We’re confident that our starters are going to be able to go deep into games from the beginning, but I would say Tyler and Lucas will both be built up and ready to go and serve in that longer role from the beginning as needed,” Bell said.Gray said that he and his family hunkered down at their Nashville, Tenn.-area home for much of the coronavirus quarantine. In baseball, they sometimes refer to an outstanding pitcher as a “stopper” because he can end a losing streak with his performance on the mound. Loading... Unsubscribe from Aces of the Staff? Pitching coach Derek Johnson was also often on hand.“We had about six to seven weeks of we’d meet three times a week at a local high school,” Gray said.

CINCINNATI: Sonny Gray tossed 6 2/3 innings of one run ball Friday, putting the Pirates' offense back into their early season rut. 1 factor.

Get 2020 MLB game logs and career game log information at FOX Sports.