It's easy to avoid the Toll Road in Orange County.

On some of California’s express lanes, qualifying carpools and other select vehicles are eligible for free or discounted toll rates.To be eligible for free or discounted toll rates, drivers need a switchable FasTrak transponders (also called FasTrak Flex ®) that has a small black switch that can be moved to indicate the number of occupants in the vehicle. It's important to get a transponder from the agency that operates the bridge, lane or road that you’ll … TCA is committed to protecting your privacy and keeping you informed. Each tolling agency has its own rules and minimum requirements. … CBS8 reports that tolls have dropped by between 21% and 41% from a range of US$0.85 to US$3.50 to US$0.50 to US$2.75 per trip for account holders with tags. As a government agency, the health and safety of the public are important to us and we are committed to complying with efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19. Frontpage Slideshow (version 2.0.0) - Copyright © 2006-2008 by JoomlaWorks Prior to starting each trip, it is the driver's responsibility to indicate the number of occupants in the vehicle by moving the switch to the appropriate setting (1, 2, 3+).Due to processing and fulfillment delays, switchable FasTrak® transponders are out of stock until September 2020.Sticker transponders can be used to pay tolls on every tolled bridge, lane and road in California.Drivers with sticker transponders pay the full toll regardless of eligibility.A switchable transponder can be obtained by opening up an account with one of California’s other tolling agencies.Toll-free travel for qualifying carpools and other eligible vehicles is often only available to drivers who have a switchable FasTrak transponder.

The toll road begins at SR 905 in Otay Mesa, and provides fast and convenient access to and from Mexico and connections to East County, Downtown, and points north. Interstate 15 Express Lanes, San Diego County (Opens in a new window) 91 Freeway ExpressLanes, Orange County ... FasTrak ® is, by far, the easiest and preferred way to pay tolls on every tolled bridge, lane and road in California -- and, in some cases, it’s the only way to pay. Pay-by-Plate is the easy way to pay your toll if you don’t have a FasTrak account and didn’t pay cash at the Toll Plaza or at one of our Automated Cash Machines. Just do not get on the 73 Toll Road. All rights reserved. I lived there for almost 30 yrs and most of those years the toll road didn't exist.

FasTrak lets customers pay their toll electronically on the I-15 Express Lanes and South Bay Expressway in San Diego County, and any toll road, bridge, or express lane in California bearing the FasTrak logo. The new owner, the San Diego Association of Governments decided to cut tolls in order to spread demand between the toll road and the existing parallel untolled I-805. To date, five separate tolling agencies in California have distributed more than 2.5 million FasTrak transponders. With The Toll Roads Rewards Program, accountholders who drive The Toll Roads at least once during the month will receive a special promotion from a local retail partner as a token of our appreciation. Welcome To SBX The 125 Drivers with standard or sticker FasTrak transponders can use the express lanes and pay with FasTrak, but they will pay the full toll regardless of the number of occupants in the vehicle.Copyright © 2017 Transportation Corridor Agencies. The South Bay Expressway (SR 125 toll road) stretches from the Otay Mesa border crossing north through Chula Vista to SR-54, providing access to Downtown San Diego, East County, I-8, I-15, Otay Mesa, and Mexico. You can use our Pay-by-Plate payment option on this website, by bringing in or mailing your payment to our offices at 1129 La Media Road, San Diego, CA 92154 or by calling 619-661-7070 during normal business hours. To use FasTrak on a toll road or bridge, drivers must have a prepaid FasTrak account and a transponder properly mounted on their windshield. Whether you’re commuting to work or school, traveling to Mexico, or driving to South Bay shopping and entertainment centers, South Bay Expressway takes you there! It's important to get a transponder from the agency that operates the road, lane or bridge you will use most. The program is free for accountholders and easy to join. 1129 La Media Road, San Diego, CA 92154                                                           To protect the health and safety of customers and staff, our walk-in Customer Service Center is closed to the public as of July 14, 2020 and Toll Attendants are not staffing the Otay Mesa Toll Plaza. It's important to get a transponder from the agency that operates the bridge, lane or road that you’ll use most, because each tolling agency has its own rules and minimum requirements. End the stress of traffic congestion with South Bay Expressway, the fastest way to travel in and around the South Bay in San Diego. The South Bay Expressway (SR 125 toll road) stretches from the Otay Mesa border crossing north through Chula Vista to SR-54, providing access to Downtown San Diego, East County, I-8, I-15, Otay Mesa, and Mexico. When you leave Long Beach stay on the 405 Freeway all the way to the 5 Fwy to San Diego.