Independence Day 2020: Sports Fraternity Extends GreetingsLewis Hamilton Predicts "Killer" Spanish Grand PrixSerena Williams Falls To 116th-Ranked Shelby Rogers At US Open TuneupChampions League: End Of An Era As Barcelona Humiliation Makes Revolution The Only OptionBayern Munich Humiliate Barcelona 8-2 To Reach Champions League Semi-FinalsĀ© Copyright NDTV Convergence Limited 2020.

I'd probably go with a physio and some coaching could be done remotely. Serena Williams wins comeback match despite distraction of coughing daughter All rights reserved. (Also read: The British star, who has made at least the quarter-finals in New York every year since 2010, goes on to tackle France's Adrian Mannarino for a spot in the last 32.Australia's Kyrgios, the world 37, goes away to contemplate facing Murray again in the Davis Cup semi-finals later this month. Written by The three-time Grand Slam champion has been out of action since November with a pelvic injury, but will return in an all-British tournament hosted by his brother Jamie Murray this week. Andy Murray is hoping of making a return to Grand Slam tennis at both the US and French Open later this year.

"If I was told I could take one person with me, for example, you can make that work. ENG Murray will face Liam Broady at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton on Tuesday.

We played better, we had the chance to close it out and at 6-3, 5-4 we didn't get it, but it is a good one to get through. (In the tournament's most eagerly-awaited first-round duel, third seed Murray claimed his fourth win in four meetings against the sport's new bogeyman and third in three Grand Slam matchups this year. "So, while I'm feeling relatively decent, obviously there is a risk there but I want to try and play in them and enjoy the biggest events again. Novak Djokovic confirms US Open 2020 participation despite series of withdrawals "We were saying four or five weeks ago, you know, we were pretty sceptical about it but mentally at some stage you need to start preparing and planning for that. Serena Williams slips to surprise defeat against world No 116 Shelby Rogers Change Font Size Andy Murray in action during his Rd 1 match of US Open 2015. US Open 2015: Andy Murray Sinks Showboating Nick Kyrgios By Louisa Thoma s. May 25, 2016.

The tournaments are scheduled so I hope that it stays that way and we can play some competitive tennis. "Murray is yet to draw up a schedule of which events he will play in preparation for the Slams, but is hoping an extended layoff will help his body fully recover from a number of serious injuries.The 33-year-old had career-saving hip surgery in 2019, before his latest long-term injury layoff.Murray had been planning a return in March before the coronavirus pandemic brought the tour to a halt. You need to be a subscriber to join the conversation.

"We have to try and prepare that way," he said. ""My brother, all the players would agree has done an unbelievable job"Sunday's victory, secured by a superb backspin volley from Broady, comes after Murray spoke about the prospect of playing in the US Open, which is scheduled to start behind closed doors at Flushing Meadow on August 31.Murray, who has been hit significantly by injuries since 2017, said: "The situation I've been in last few years I've not had opportunity to play in many Slams, I don't know how many opportunities I'll have left to play in slams. She cleaned up a lot of high balls. Andy Murray "Mentally" Planning For US Open So yeah, mentally I'm planning for it to go ahead. Andy Murray registered his third victory of the week at the Battle of the Brits tournament in Roehampton as he and Naomi Broady defeated Kyle Edmund and Emma Raducanu in the mixed doubles. "I got the momentum back at the start of the fourth set and I was serving pretty well, got a lot of free points," said Murray. "This week has been nice as it's probably the first time in a long time I've actually played some matches outdoors since Acapulco (the Mexican Open in late February). Save this story for later.

The latest offers and discount codes from popular brands on Telegraph Voucher Codes "Right now, I feel a little bit more confident because I've had more training under my belt, more practice. Murray shared a picture of an X-ray that he had on his pelvic area. "Murray, still working his way back from injury, suggested he would probably try to compete at the ATP Western and Southern Open, which has been switched to Flushing Meadows, as a warm-up event ahead of the US Open. ENG All rights reserved. 1.7m Followers, 282 Following, 384 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Andy Murray (@andymurray)

Change Language "I don't mind what the situation is, providing it is safe.