We went in the summer, so it wasn't like all the snow covered pictures you see, but it was still stunning and worth the drive any time of year! Favorite Share More Directions Sponsored Topics. Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps. As you go up the mountain, there are plenty of turnouts for you to stop and take in the beautiful view. Find nearby businesses, restaurants and hotels.

I decided to drive up into Angeles Add this to your list of socially distant day trips! Sometimes during the winter, there may be snow. You will see a bunch of people riding their motorcycles, and sports cars, so just be a little careful. It was gorgeous! The Angeles Crest Highway Facebook page is also a great source for … I'm originally from Hawaii and this was a heartwarming drive.

If you love nature and leisurely driving this the route to take . Please print out your directions before you head to camp. You will see a bunch of people riding their motorcycles, and sports cars, so just be a little careful.I'm originally from Hawaii and this was a heartwarming drive. It felt magical to see the snow covered mountains just 90 minutes away from our home on a 65 degree day. The route features a few forest service campgrounds and visitor centers as well as the Mountain High and Mt. Best part is a turn off near little tujunga that over looks the same there.It's one of the prettiest highways in Southern California, but it can be pretty treacherous and lots of people have lost their lives on one turn or another.This is a breath taking and beautiful highway. Book your tickets online for Angeles Crest Highway, Los Angeles: See 36 reviews, articles, and 36 photos of Angeles Crest Highway, ranked No.115 on Tripadvisor among 689 attractions in Los Angeles. My partner and I were seriously in awe that such an amazing drive is so close to where we live in Pasadena!

Campgrounds and hiking trails as you go deeper in. Then definitely check this out! We'd been majorly craving a change in scenery and this drive absolutely did the trick. But beware of rocks and pinecones everywhere!Took a motorcycle ride up the crest for the first time from La Canada to Palmdale during the weekday. Came by on a whim, to see the beautiful Angeles National Forest! Lots of camp sites. The Museum also has a large collection of South African sculpture as well as a separate sculpture garden with works by Rodin. Favorite Share More Directions Sponsored Topics. A playground for motorcyclists, as well as a great place to hike. The views are amazing. The two-lane paved road was constructed in 1929-1956. Come here for a nice sat/sum drive especially when you need time to relax.

Great spot for a wonderful view of the city! I've only travelled all the way from one end to the other about a handful of times. It is basically a great place for anyone that is into great views and a nice outdoor experience. Location: From Interstate 210 in La Canada, exit onto the Angeles Crest Highway (HWY 2) and drive northeast for approximately 33 miles to Cloudburst Summit. The concept for "the most scenic and picturesque mountain road in the state" was developed in 1912, and the funding allocated beginning in 1919.

Plenty of shady spots, turnouts, and vista points. The Angeles Crest Highway takes you through some amazing mountaintops from La Canada through Sunland all the way to Palmdale. I went from the valley to the beach and it was amazing car commercial quality scenery all the way through . HIKE WRIGHTWOOD WRIGHTWOOD SNOW PLAY MH SLEDS OUTDOOR REPORT MOUNTAIN HARDWARE: Angeles Crest Scenic Highway Map clickable map. Enable JavaScript to see Google Maps. It was cool to see the terrain change from palm trees and cacti to evergreens as we got further up. Contact the business for more information about recent service changes.Should there be snow at angeles crest? The Angeles Forest Highway begins its journey north at Clear Creek Junction, 0.9 miles (1.4 km) past Georges Gap, while the Angeles Crest Highway continues on east toward Red Box. Waterman ski resorts. One of the most scenic mountain drives on the West CoastThe Angeles Crest Highway is one of the best drives in Southern The scenic highway features many beautiful landscapes: the Angeles National Forest, San Gabriel Range, alpine meadows and montane forests—all of it in just minutes from urban Los Angeles.