Other Names and Languages. Since about 1970, the significant national Belgian political parties have split into distinct components that mainly represent the political and linguistic interests of these communities. We commend the Belgian people for their resolve and resilience during this challenging time.

This 24-hour time standard is kept using highly precise atomic clocks combined with the Earth's rotation. Belgium's political institutions are complex; most political power is organized around the need to represent the main cultural communities.

Belgium’s scientific contributions to counter the global COVID-19 pandemic have supported our shared goals of health and economic prosperity. I wish the people of Belgium a happy national day and a year of continued success. Why do many countries set the clocks back and forth an hour twice a year? What do the month names mean? During the national day, the Parliament chambers, the central bank and other institutions all open to the public, while parks and venues across town hold concerts and other activities.

Belgian National Day celebrates the birth of the Belgian nation, Belgian culture and pride and Belgium’s independence from the Netherlands. It is one of Belgium's ten public holidays and marks the anniversary of the investiture of King Leopold I, the country's first monarch, in 1831. Belgium’s scientific […] Is midnight 12 am or 12 pm? Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) is the basis for civil time today. This day became the Belgian national holiday. On July 21, 1831, Leopold of Saxe-Cobourg and Gotha swore allegiance to the Belgian constitution … Belgian National Day History. All you can eat Belgian Buffet. Belgian National Day is a public holiday. Belgian National Day: National holiday: 2025: Mon: Jul 21: Belgian National Day: National holiday: We diligently research and continuously update our holiday dates and information.

An all-Belgian Day. We also appreciate Belgium’s support for international security operations, including your participation in the NATO Resolute Support Mission in Afghanistan, the EU Training Mission in Mali, and the Defeat-ISIS Coalition, as well as your significant contributions to Transatlantic diplomacy as the host of NATO headquarters. It is now time to enjoy some Belgian festivities in honour of the Belgian National Day, hosted by Mr Philippe Veeckmans at Open Wine.

It is a day off for the general population, and schools and most businesses are closed.Celebrate this day by guiltlessly consuming junk food. How does the 12-hour clock system work? Why are there 12 months? Belgium National Day 2015. English: Belgian National Day: Dutch: nationale Feestdag: French: Belgian National Day (Dutch: Nationale feestdag van België; French: Fête nationale belge; German: Belgischer Nationalfeiertag) is the national holiday of Belgium commemorated annually on 21 July. On behalf of the Government of the United States and the American people, I send my congratulations to the citizens of Belgium on your national day. A large military parade takes place … Tuesday 21 July 2020.

If you find a mistake, please let us know.

... vinegar, or the much beloved Belgian tartar sauce, Belgian fries are an unmistakable delight never quite perfectly replicated beyond her borders. The 12 months of the year are linked to the Moon's orbit around Earth. Belgium National Day. On behalf of the Government of the United States and the American people, I send my congratulations to the citizens of Belgium on your national day.The United States and Belgium share a deep and longstanding friendship, which continues to thrive based on close people-to-people ties and shared values of freedom and democracy. The United States and Belgium share a deep and longstanding friendship, which continues to thrive based on close people-to-people ties and shared values of freedom and democracy.