/T 726296 0000001960 00000 n

/Info 66 0 R /BaseFont /ASJHEV+Arial On the downside, they are not ideal for areas that receive heavy snowfall, especially when lowly pitched, and can be expensive to construct. /MarkInfo << /Marked true >> We have seen the changes and know what works! /Outlines 62 0 R endobj

Y� /Type /FontDescriptor It includes vertical and diagonal members that slope down towards the center (opposite of Howe Truss).

Menu. /FontFile2 76 0 R I’d think the Howe truss would be perfect since my shop area is quite large.Since the Area is quite large, I recommend the Huwe Truss. Civil Engineering; Project Management; Quantity Surveying; Search.

Their main downside is the accumulation of materials on the roof, which requires regular maintenance. /Type /Page

/Type /Font Some of the most primary needs that a structure demands from a roof are protection from the weather, overall design compatibility with the existing structure, and housing of internal elements such as piping, electrical wiring, ventilation, insulation.As the name implies, this roof appears flat in structure, although it is always pitched at a wider angle to allow water runoff.

endobj

/Subtype /Type1 It is put horizontally across the rafter. A modern exterior and feel is one of the advantages of this roof shape, while its disadvantages include expensive construction and inefficient water collection.The butterfly roof is not a roof style that is widely used. /S 248 >> It’s also most time 1.2m apart.Members that join the top and bottom chords to form a triangular pattern.It’s always been the last.

/Contents 82 0 R

Which is most time 0.9m apart.Part of structural member that extends beyond its support.Horizontal distance between interior edges of supports.Point on a truss which top and bottom chord intersect.Point of intersection of one or more web(s) with a chord.Galvanized steel plate punched to form a nail pattern integral with the plate and used to connect timber members.Extension of the top chord of a truss beyond the bearing support.After going through the list, I did not know that there were that many different kinds of trusses. Pratt truss can cover Fan truss is a simple design made out of steel. This kind of truss offers a kind of truss having upper and lower members, a combination of steel and wood or both. /Encoding /WinAnsiEncoding /Length1 8268 74 0 obj 0000007574 00000 n Bearing – Structural support of trusses (usually walls) normally with a timber wall plate. stream ��u�Uq����H1�l ��0e+n�"��ޕ|`����K����hD�1���c���^��ѳ�I�tm��i�i,��|4�w�l��Ѓ�/�I�^M[�e�,�=�J��K赝Rh,UQu�nv�����r3��U��:YH���w�ߧP�xV���(�Z�N�5�V�=�Ƿ�^:��Jx���'�K�h�X�0}��1V� X�B��$����F�,�Y�`����D�i1��>:¦���ij�g�')slĨ�R��E��:K6]Կ�_�l*�+��C���m�D�L��x�O�������~�;LɦR��t��2���� �}=��>�[ж���:��F /w�l�/�M��J�\�����~����q"�2Z�|߃��`v�'�S�{ʣ�'�1g��#n�}�~�R�S�u���W�[��/������ʏ�--��5��vӣ�!KgS��Nv/;�N�wyo����]\'~�T�5*]�ͦ[L�����b����-4�� ��ݏ���)z ��c&��F�����Ѷ���!v����,��9����}� ��s���Es�u|����O�����L1Vx�1CDV�C܁��xS�QN):�\j�k�o:`z����9��u+Y���{�~�� ��;8��I�qs����[�V�~�E���X2r�� /Subtype /CIDFontType2
/Leading 33 /Size 86

/N 7 However, it is also used in residential construction. endobj ft. of horizontal projection of roof for location of Chicago.

North light truss is the oldest, and most economical kind of truss. /Length 4970 A roof also beautify a house but the primary purpose of a roof is to protect against any form of......Pin756Share13Tweet769 Shares A roof is the uppermost parts of any building which give protection against animals, and most especially weather, be it rain, snow, sunlight, heat, wind and so on. 68 0 obj 75 0 obj /FontDescriptor 75 0 R 2. x��X{tTչ���gy�I�&$��@���1�@ gh� !H$A@�ZG��*���!�*'��%�V-�P�Zm+��jo)ص���s��$�V���k�?����������3Ĉ(�B$�;����6�0,��������+"27-�\���M�}D���+VoZ~:������_��ֲ��r��D#�����I 7B�=�}M��9�\�Fğ]���bYY�M����c������g�g��E���eM[�o&�% �������i/Ѩ��߹������Ǡc����;�d"�i�iz�Ƹ�5-��VO2+\^�Y*��ic FI �iv�J^RՑ���I� A scissor truss provides for a vaulted ceiling in the same time frame as standard trusses. Originally used in France, the lower slope on each side is steeper than the upper, with the sides being flat or curved. Raising the truss higher greatly simplifies attic ventilation and it leaves ample room for insulation above exterior wall top platesThe bottom chord members cross each other, connecting to the angled top chords at a point intermediate on the top chords’ length, creating an appearance similar to an opened pair of scissor. /DW 1000 /StructParents 18 >> << endobj

0000000849 00000 n 71 0 obj Variations include the Hip roofs are a common residential style roof. >> A roof also beautify a house but the primary purpose of a roof is to protect against any form of......Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.we respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously startxref

Snow load The snow load varies with latitude, but was here assumed at 20 lb.

[ 73 0 R ] p��M�E��ߊS�g�aT�ٰd�r�B],� ��� endobj /Prev 726285

per sq. The varying designs, styles, and shapes of roofs exist and have been created to accommodate the needs of the structure they are covering.

<< /O 69 0000001676 00000 n 0000007979 00000 n /MaxWidth 2665 per sq.

/Root 68 0 R /Type /Catalog [2] TYE BEAM / BOTTOM CHORD. The planes are designed to slope downwards from the ridge at the top, at an angle determined by the size of the house. Given it will carrying a heavier load than a normal house, would you suggest a truss with more stability? /ItalicAngle 0

0000001930 00000 n This type of roof has the benefit of providing a good amount of space in the attic. They are noted for their strength, stability and shade-giving eaves but are also more complex and expensive to construct, courtesy of their complicated truss and gable structure. They are not recommended in areas of high winds and heavy snowfall.The best way to describe a gambrel roof is by saying barn roof.

Cantilever – part of structural member that extends beyond its support. >> RICKER-A STUDY OF ROOF TRUSSES 3 S S 2 25 ± 6000 in which S = span in feet and W = weight of truss in lb. /Ascent 905 Get Basic Engineering, Home Design & Home Decor. DESIGN OF ROOF TRUSS YouTube.