I was in the mood for something different than my normal fiction read. $139.99. It is in significant part a practical book covering topics ranging from building a log cabin to pickling vegetables, and initially, I felt most excited about learning those things. Editor. Foxfire and the Punisher team up to make the hunter the hunted.An Ultraverse title. Reading it again at 40 was a delight! An evil ultra gives big-game hunters the opportunity to hunt ultras, and he’s listing Foxfire as the order of the day. Kevin West. "Arthritis: Drink a mixture of honey, vinegar, and moonshine."

Colourist. Foxfire Vol 1 #1. Now, this is just a .pdf, but it’s still very special. Penciler. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.

What an experience! Foxfire 2: Ghost Stories, Spring Wild Plant Foods, Spinning and Weaving, Midwifing, Burial Customs, Corn Shuckin's, Wagon Making and More Affairs of Plain Living

The Foxfire book is one of my favorite books. The Foxfire Book Vol 1,2,3 - Three Vol boxed set Paperback – January 1, 1972 by Eliot Wigginton (Editor) 5.0 out of 5 stars 5 ratings.

It is in significant part a practical book covering topics ranging from building a log cabin to pickling vegetables, and initially, I felt most excited about learning those things. So... don’t elect me president, is what I’m saying.As someone from Appalachia who's into DIY stuff, I'm surprised it took me this long to read this book. Information × OK Join. Edit.

This is a compilation of a bunch of magazine articles done by a creative high school teacher in the mountains of Georgia in the 60's, who saw that the older generation of folks who had grown up around the turn of the century had an awful lot of knowledge that was about to die with them, and also saw that their television-watching grandkids felt almost no connection with their log-cabin dwelling, moonshine-making grandparents.I have all of the Foxfire books and they are wonderful for dipping-in and perusing. Steve Lightle variant back cover.

Published

This is the original book compilation of Foxfire material which introduces Aunt Arie and her contemporaries and includes log cabin building, hog dressing, snake lore, mountain crafts and food, andIn the late 1960's, Eliot Wigginton and his students created the magazine "Foxfire" in an effort to record and preserve the traditional folk culture of the Southern Appalachians. So, I think it’s high time that get remedied. Plus, excellent history books on how our americal wilderness forebears lived.

Educational...and I love the 'oral history' aspect of this series.Simply magical.

1 THRU 6 PAPERBACK ALL IN THE 1970'S. What really got me was being re-connected to an Appalachian culture that I was lucky enough to have a little connection to when I was a kid, through friends of the family, Ellison and Mary Linda Smyth.

Incredible information, both breadth and width! They did their best to make it right. Foxfire Vol 1 #3. Kevin West.

But, until then, this is what we have. 0385073534 Amazon calculates a product’s star ratings based on a machine learned model instead of a raw data average. Great condition...very happy with purchase...thanks!

Publisher: Marvel Publish Date: Apr, 1996 Cover Price: $1.50 Cover Artists: Mike McKone Writers: Dan Abnett, Ian Edginton Artist: Kevin West Colorer: Robert Alvord Inkers: Bob Almond, Phillip Moy Letterer: Edd Fear Editor: Phil Crain.

I loved it, of course. Foxfire Vol 1: (1996-1996) left Back to title selection : Comics F : Foxfire Vol 1 Foxfire #1 (February, 1996) Foxfire #2 (March, 1996) Foxfire #3 (April, 1996) Foxfire #4 (May, 1996) Add a photo to this gallery See Also: Full list of comics from this series that are in the database. If you have found something that is not seen on this page, please add it to this list. To create our lis...In the late 1960's, Eliot Wigginton and his students created the magazine "Foxfire" in an effort to record and preserve the traditional folk culture of the Southern Appalachians.

I *do* love the series but these books were pretty beat-up and SMELL....musty and a little like tobacco. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. I’m serious.

Next Issue. Appalachian Foxfire Series Collection Set of Paperback Books 7-9 BRAND NEW. (Especially since my dad has all of them sitting on his bookshelves.) The Foxfire Book Foxfire 2 Foxfire 3 Foxfire 4 Foxfire 5 Foxfire 6 Foxfire 7 Foxfire 8 Foxfire 9 Foxfire 10 Foxfire 11 Foxfire 12. Foxfire #4. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. $50.99.

This series is a testament to so many worthwhile things - from a teacher figuring out how to really connect with students to exploring true self-reliance and preserving history.