How to use search operators to simplify your Gmail searches. Most of us can cope with typing simple searches. Use the logical boolean search operators to specify multiple search operators (e.g., from:paypal OR subject:invoice). In 2010, he founded a marketing agency that appeared on the Inc. 5000 before selling it in January of 2019, and he is now the CEO of EmailAnalytics, and co-host of the podcast Google removed the ability to use quotes around a phrase.Exact phrase searching with quotes hasn’t worked for a couple of years now. Search operators are special characters and parameters that fine-tune a search. Do be warned, however, that only individual messages are labeled—not the entire conversation.If you’re looking for messages that fall specifically under one label, use “label:” followed by the label you’re searching (such as “label: Urgent”). For example, searching for “lunch at Marco’s” will show you any emails with that phrase, but no emails that contain just the word “lunch” or just the word “Marco’s.” Be aware that you can use these quotation marks in combination with any other search operator, in case you need to search for something specific within another set of parameters.If you want to look for emails that were sent by a specific person, just use “from:”, followed by the person’s email address. I am in G-suite.How can I search in Gmail with emails only sent to a specific recipient and exclude messages with more than that recipient?It appears that when you set up a filter with both from:xxxx and to: yyyyy directions, Gmail assumes you want results with either from xxxx OR to:yyyyy instead of from:xxxx AND to:xxxxx. Use the “is:” general function in combination with these conditions to track down emails in specific areas.

For example, if you’re getting notifications from If you want to group multiple independent keywords together in a single search, the best way to do it is with ( ). The results will only include emails that contain the word or phrase inside the quotation marks.I had zero luck trying carefully to search between certain dates. The Gmail search box is a powerful way to find what you're looking for. Just use Hence, to find all the emails which contains a PDF file as an attachment, use The attachment operator combined with the label operator can be even more useful. the total time span is duration times two).Can you do a search that is….. from Peter Smith and also to Peter Smith ?Any way to search for emails that have only one specific label and no others?Not to my knowledge, but this functionality will soon be available within our tool! Type the search operator you wish to use into the search box.

After reading this post and applying Gmail search techniques, email filter or search no more headache. You can use the “-” operator to exclude results, but I’m not sure what you would exclude to get the desired result here.I get tons of invoices and they put the invoice number in the email.Does anyone know if there is a negation operator (e.g. For example, if you’re looking for any emails that contain references to either Godzilla or Mothra, you could include (Godzilla Mothra) as part of your search.The “in:” operator is designed to help you find emails in a specific folder, though you can also use the “anywhere” modifier to search throughout your entire Gmail account. If you use “larger:” or “smaller:”, you’ll be able to search for larger or smaller file sizes than the size you type in bytes. If you’re using this search operator by itself, I recommend you There are a few different ways to search for a message by file size.

Gmail provide advanced search operators to help you narrow your search criteria. Gmail search operators: Post contains Gmail normal search, Use of Gmail search operators with example and advance email search information. Gmail is a trademark of Google, Inc. If you are a regular Gmail user you probably already know about the search field at the top of the Gmail screen (see the picture above). How to use a search operator. When a simple text entry in the search field at the top of the Gmail screen returns too many emails, use these operators to search by subject line, date range, sender, and more. For example, “is: starred”, “is: unstarred”, “is: snoozed”, “is: read”, and “is: unread” are all valuable to these ends.Sender and recipient searches won’t apply to the CC or BCC field. One of the most powerful ones is to search for messages by date and here is how it is done: The search box is at the top of your Gmail screen. Yes, you can string together multiple search operators to get even more specific results When you’ve applied a specific combination of search operators, you can use this opportunity to set up a “filter.” Click the dropdown arrow near the search box, and then click “Create filter.”Jayson is a long-time columnist for Forbes, Entrepreneur, BusinessInsider, Inc.com, and various other major media publications, where he has authored over 1,000 articles since 2012, covering technology, marketing, and entrepreneurship. Suppose you are searching for all messages which contain a specific word in the body. The two conditions should be separated by OR in capitals.Example: You want to search for all messages sent to you by David or the messages which you have sent to john.