None of the humor or charm of the book made it through and it felt like a jumbled mess of overly convoluted plot points that went nowhere. Good Omens was the first book I bought for myself, aged 11. A tale of the bungling of Armageddon features an angel, a demon, an eleven-year-old Antichrist, and a doom-saying witch. The cast is superb, and it's a streaming platform release so there would be some assurance on the production quality at least. I was disappointed with the look of all the demons. Watch the Good Omens Chess Match featuring @JERICHO, @swiftor, @GM_Hess, and @danielrensch at SXSW now on Twitch: twitch.tv/primevideo (Artwork: Ansley Pearson) Quick edit: Go watch (and read) American Gods.. It was funny, and whimsical, and I loved that the show didn't take it self to seriously.When you have something like Good Omens (or Hitchhiker's or Dirk Gently), SO much of the absurdist humor that makes the books so enjoyable to read comes from these long, rambling narratives by these gifted authors.It's almost impossible to adapt that brilliant narratives on to the screen because the focus on the screen has to be the the plot itself.The plot in Good Omens or Hitchhikers is pretty funny, but the adaptation loses a little by sacrificing each author's whimsical rambling.I grew up with Hitchhikers. Subreddit for Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett’s novel *'Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch'*, the Amazon/BBC six-part adaptation written by Neil Gaiman and the Audio Drama by BBC starring Peter Serafinowicz and Mark Heap.Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Tennant and Sheen are amazing, but everything else is kind of cringeworthy. ... help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit … 179 comments. The books basically spun off the radio series but added more context than a script would allow, insights into Arthur's thoughts etc.I'm going through it atm and so far, I have to agree with you. ... help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit … Subreddit for Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett’s novel *'Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch'*, the Amazon/BBC six-part adaptation written by Neil Gaiman and the Audio Drama by BBC starring Peter Serafinowicz and Mark Heap. CGI was terrible.I don't think it lived up to the book, but it had some great moments.One thing that I noticed is that in many cases, scenes that were written for the show were better than scenes that were adapted from the book. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcutsCookies help us deliver our Services.

None of his screen adaptations have been particularly good, just decent at best.I thought it was as faithful to the book as the format allowed and had a great time watching it. Amazon Prime rates Good Omens as suitable overall for Ages 13+. I did not read the book.

The TV adaptation was pretty faithful to the original Radio 4 show.

Have you considered that the CGI was intentionally cheesy?That sounds to me like you're just being a contrarian or that you went into it wanting to be disappointed.Those are the only 2 options I have? The thing that dragged it out most was definitely the narration, though.I am huge fan of the book, and I thought the show was good (not great, just good).It sucks that you think that, I really enjoyed it. Plus the reviews on Twitter (never reliable in retrospect) were glowing.It turned out to be a disappointing adaptation for me.

Sometimes a battle between good and evil can be quite a game of chess. A lot of the comedy did fall flat for me. Like it was too cutesy for its own good. Opinion: Good Omens is not a good show (self.television) submitted 3 hours ago by jawsnnn So I liked the book, and was excited to see how it would convert to the screen.