Nanny Ogg is a much more interesting character, but she’s also two dimensional at best, and don’t get me started on younger witches.On the topic of women: I found Monstrous Regiment to be the WORST Discworld book I read (I stopped after Making Money) and it’s supposed to be the most feminist of Pratchett’s works. In my humble opinion , Discworld is simply not the kind of series where romances really fit in.There are precedents in literature for having little to no plot change from one book to another, as you can find in greek, latin, medieval or classical literature: imitatio is then a value in sich. While I found them enjoyable, I wasn’t blown away. That is the definition of a cult classic, a small but very loyal fanbase. Mort has his own book and then completely disappears until he is killed off in a ridiculously casual way that evokes no emotional response.

hell, you don't even pretend to have read one of his …

Discover (and save!) But I have to commend you for reading quite a lot of it despite not enjoying any of them. THE FACTS. This blog used key words like “overrated” to get people to click on it, and then used loaded language like “undeniably bad endings” and it’s grating to people who love this series. Each Watch book begins with a species (werewolves, vampires, golems) that is feared and hated and ends with them being accepted.

A tale of the bungling of Armageddon features an angel, a demon, an eleven-year-old Antichrist, and a doom-saying witch. Good Omens is a miniseries based on the 1990 novel of the same name by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.A co-production between Amazon Studios and BBC Studios, the six-episode series was created and written by Gaiman, who also served as showrunner. With David Tennant, Michael Sheen, Frances McDormand, Sam Taylor Buck. I wasn’t impressed until Equal Rites. Read full review. And maintaining good quality over a series of 40 books is amazing and perhaps unparalleled. And probably the Tiffany books which give you more younger characters.Dude admitted he has a very limited view of Discworld; everyone can be torn to shreds if you have the moxie to do it.

So, I kept reading and in total, I’ve read 13 Discworld books, 7 in the Don’t get me wrong, there are definitely brilliant elements, clever ideas and hilarious moments.

It’s well-written and entertaining. Funny the first time, but the time I was on book 7 and had heard it a hundred times, I was sick of it.Whatever you say about Pratchett’s writing skills, there’s no denying that his endings are terrible. Thinks the idea that Dumbledore could beat Gandalf in a fight is ridiculous; feels a little too strongly about the subject.Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Good Omens wouldn’t soar without its two leads, who are so perfectly (mis)matched that they immediately elevate the series to must-see status. There isn’t a single ordinary person who is the least bit likeable.

He develops only a few per book, and then doesn’t develop them significantly in subsequent books. It isn’t even that much important).

You looked forward to it in the same way people look forwards to a new episode of their favourite tv series, or a new James Film, not because it was going to be something brand new, but because you knew what you were in for.

The modern-day character, Anathema Device, distantly related to prophetess Agnes Nutter, wears a Victorian "witchy look." Kathryn VanArendonk May 29, 2019. Another THE FACTS. That was a lot of fun and the circular structure meant he had to think ‘plot’ so as to tie up all the ends.