He had a ruthlessness. Paul McStay had elegance, he just strolled around the park, make a pass, brought people into the game. There was David Harvey, the helmet-haired goalie. He was 5ft 10in or 5ft 11in but he didn't need the height.

He scored goals for fun, left, right and centre. It turned out to be nothing but we did worry it was back.“Life has definitely slowed down but that’s probably an age thing, too.“He’s of that generation of tough, hard Scotsmen who, even if he’s falling apart, would never let you know.“My sister has a baby and lives in the same village as my parents, who have finally downsized.Hayley, 36, noticed her dad wasn’t himself prior to the diagnosis – as did viewers who tuned in to Sky where he worked as a pundit.“He had a gruff voice and cold for a while,” she explained.
Revie asked him if he was ready. “It was the environment that I lived in; everywhere you turned there was a game going on,” he says. She had wardrobes and looked after us wonderfully.“Joe and I were thick as thieves right from the start. Sandy became the Scottish Football Writers' player of the year with Hearts aged 37.

David McNiven, son of Shotts, was a regular 12th man.Have I forgotten anyone? Link to post Share on other sites . “I don’t like going back to Leeds now. It’s sexy, but I’ve no’ got the face for it. I was his best man and a week later he was mine. McQueen, who’s always come across as a fan who got lucky enough to represent his country at his chosen sport, can’t raise his voice above a sandpaper rasp since cancer was 
discovered in his larynx four years ago.He hasn’t lost his sense of humour. When Kenny scored a goal, there was that smile on his face. How the hell did he end up playing for Leeds?” (Obviously 
McQueen doesn’t use the epithet “Dirty” like just about everyone else).Not one to duck out of a challenge on a toilet roll-strewn mudheap, he tends to avoid the city which made his name. Maybe I’d have been more worried if the cancer had been found some place else but, you know, I think where I’m from and what my football life was like got me through it. There were 70,000 at Hampden that day and by the looks of things, not many fewer packed into the town centre for the victory parade. With the main stand at Celtic Park undergoing major refurbishment, the home game with Ayr United two nights later was played at Hampden. I knew he'd be firing in balls with swerve on them. He had that stern look that he wasn't going to get beat. “You’d maybe like to know,” he said, “that Dad called me after Eddie Gray.”Eddie, prince of the patter-merchants out on the left wing, was but one of McQueen’s countrymen who were imperious in all-white. At that time, from one Scotland-England international to the next and the whole year in between, the Scots guys wanted to outdo the English.

Peter Lorimer had a right foot like a siege gun. “Maybe the chat will all be about rugby.

And, of course, Don’s wife Elsie was a Fifer.”McQueen reels off his first-choice countrymen, starting with David Harvey: “Was David an extrovert or an introvert? Whit a cheek!” The cancer was treated but in March McQueen suffered a stroke. Share this post. Scottish Premiership managers have their say...Sportscene will show all of the day's Scottish Premiership goals every Saturday evening this season.BBC Scotland examines the path of Hibernian hat-trick hero Kevin Nisbet.Former goalkeeper Sieb Dykstra - a cult hero at Motherwell and Dundee United - looks back on his time in Scottish football.Olympic golds, football firsts, and the end of the longest waits - but what did you vote for as Scotland's greatest sporting moment?Everything you need to know about following football with BBC Sport Scotland

If I was ever at Ibrox, the first name I looked for was Davie. He strolled through games at an early age.

“His voice still isn’t what it once was.“He was known for his deep, powerful voice – and it’s still loud, to be fair – but it’s gruff now and sounds like he’s been out boozing.“Doctors found something a few months ago during a routine check-up and did a biopsy. If he had been in that team we'd have done a lot better.Sandy was like Danny - ahead of his time.

The best thing about Macca was if you got a win on a Saturday you were going to have a good night out.Relive how the action unfolded in Wednesday night's Scottish Premiership action with all the goals as they went in.What can clubs do to prevent further breaches of Covid-19 guidelines?

He’d been hot-headed when he came, in a tearing hurry to get ahead, and he could see I was having the same issues and he helped me.

It’s sad indeed to see this brilliant rampager for the cause – the man who leapt so high for that pulverising header against England at Wembley in 1977, the one which lifted crossbars from their moorings and the grass off the pitch and is commemorated on the wall of this room – reduced to a painfully slow shuffle.Jim Holton was six-foot-two, eyes of blue. For instance, Billy was best pals with Big Jack [Charlton] and Sniffer [Alan Clarke] – two English stalwarts. He was very strict but we had a good relationship. By Briton, ... McQueen is a celtic fan as far as i know.
… Five-a-sides at Leeds 
became all-out war and eventually had to be stopped. Alongside other Scottish players at Leeds, Jordan formed part of the so called 'Scottish mafia'; namely goalkeeper David Harvey (1965–1980, 1982–1984), defender Gordon McQueen (1972–1978), midfielder Billy Bremner (1959–1976), left winger Eddie Gray (1965–1983) and right winger Peter Lorimer (1963–1979, 1983–1986). They played on either side of the defence for Scotland. Post-stroke, he’s not been able to drive and climbing into stands has got too difficult, so he can’t do any more scouting. McQueen also … Ex-Scotland international footballer Gordon McQueen launched the first ill-advised outburst on the fixture.

He didn't have the build to be a professional footballer but he had a fantastic ability to go by people at will. I think him being missing was one of the main reasons we didn't do particularly well in the 1978 World Cup. Eddie brought along his wee brother, Frank.