(Tribeca Film)

"Found footage horror" is here to stay, so let's concentrate on simply separating the good ones from the bad. July 11, 2011 An uneasy and very entertaining ghost picture.

Teenage Bounty Hunters: Season 1 I don't know if it's just me, judging by all the reviews giving it from 8/10 to 10/10, but this movie didn't even come close to scaring me. True terror needs at least some authenticity. 10 out of 17 found this helpful. Our guide was Olivia, who narrated the tour in an excellent British accent, which was even better because she was born in Boston.

How to sum up this movie ? I esspecially like the idea that the crew start to go a bit insane and love that they become 'in-patients. You would NOT like this movie if you are the kind of person who is looking for something "new." They quickly realize that the building is more than just haunted - it is alive - and it has no intention of ever letting them leave. A window opens here and a door slams there, it has been done before.

But if you are the kind of viewer who would rather criticize than sit back and be entertained, I suggest you stay home and see if you can come up with a genuinely "new" horror story. I've seen em all. They find themselves lost in a labyrinth maze of endless hallways and corridors, terrorized by the ghosts of the former patients. The filmmakers toss subtlety out the window in favor of fun, in your face chills that stick their landing.

Was this review helpful? Well what can I say about this ridiculously mediocre movie? In virtually the room of people I watched it with kept asking, "Why didn't they have a face appear in a window in the background..." "Why not have a person appear down the hallway?" What I got was a very interesting mix of the two. 56 out of 84 found this helpful. Highly recommended! It deserves 10/10. XboxOne All the positive reviews on here have to be fake. Other than that it was perfect. !This was a movie that I stumbled across when I was in the mood for any horror movie, cheezy or scary. Firstly it's a stereotypical setting held within a mental asylum, although very typical it can be a great plot line in some cases unfortunately in this it was not.
Yawn. 16 out of 30 found this helpful. All in the name of good television, they voluntarily lock themselves inside the building for the night and begin a paranormal investigation, capturing everything on camera. It also didn't take itself too seriously and had fun. Was this review helpful? I went into watching this film reading the likes of "Scariest Film Since The Ring" and was really looking forward to it but I have to say that it failed to deliver in my opinion.
Is scare, but is so strange, but the film is great.I just watched this and I don't agree with any of the reviews currently on here. Grave Encounters follows the exploits of a film crew from one of those nasty little ghost reality shows. Generally I Am Not Into writing reviews No Matter How Good the Movie Is.But This Movie really deserves My review.The day I saw the Trailer I had a High expectation from this Movie and Thankfully It does lived up to it.The story revolves around Lance Preston and the crew of "Grave Encounters", a ghost-hunting reality television show, are shooting an episode inside the abandoned Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital, where unexplained phenomena has been reported for years. If you are looking for a horror movie with believable acting, a freak show style exhibit of horrors, and a "OMG here it comes" feel, then I definitely recommend this movie.

I love horror films, especially the paranormal sub-genre, and Grave Encounters is the newest on the list of impressive low budget indie films. Finally, a little self-awareness. Awards & Rankings

Was this review helpful? All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer Copyright © Fandango.