It offer calls in sick.How can we help her when the worse things are getting the more she is refusing help.Peregrinefalcon here - one of the forum moderators. SANE Australia SANE Australia is a national charity helping all Australians affected by mental illness lead a better life – through campaigning, education and research. SANE provides peer support, counselling, support, information and referrals to adults who identify as having a complex mental health issue, complex trauma or high levels of psychological distress. 'Whatever label you choose to use, whatever situation you’re in, you I didn’t want to feel like I was different. This was the beginning of my recovery.Recovery is within your sister. I know you mean well by moving to different areas to help your sister, but have you considered that perhaps your sister needs to make changes to adapt to her environment? 'I thought that having schizophrenia meant that my brain was schizophrenic, but it’s not as cumbersome as that. The momentum of our work, paired with the lack of …

SANE’s support services are staffed by qualified counsellors who will provide you with phone and online counselling, support, information and referrals – or help facilitate a safe environment for peers to connect through the Forums.Do you need to talk or connect with someone? Welcome to the forums! For a number of years now I have lived with PTSD and BPD. Help us improve the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide. Hopefully it will get her one step closer to reaching out for the proper help that she needs on her own terms. Hi everyone My family is desperate to get my adult sister the help that she needs. Hi Shaz51 I spent the day with my little family, it was a great way to get into a better mindset and even just joining this group has taken a bit of stress away. It was established in 1997 as the first independent peak body in Australia to truly represent the full spectrum of mental health stakeholders and issues. Having boundaries and guidelines reduces our anxiety. Our vision is for everyone in Australia to achieve their best possible mental health.

Donate now Host a fundraising event or activity to support Beyond Blue's work and make a difference to mental health in Australia.

If you have a question that isn’t urgent or need information or resources you can email us at If you, or a person you are caring for is experiencing emotional distress, please call Call 000 for urgent medical attention or police attendanceGet the facts on mental illness. How do we get her help when she refuses. She is an adult which means she is ultimately responsible for her actions.Another thing is that there may be underlying issues which need to be seen to before therapy for BPD can be effective. The last 3 years things have been getting worse but the last 12 months have been so bad that her nieces and my Nanna are now afraid of her. Through COVID-19 the SANE Help Centre is here for you. Hello everyone. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people To become a SANE, you must first be a registered nurse (or advanced practice), preferably with two years or more experience in areas of practice that require advanced physical assessment skills, such as emergency, critical care and maternal child health. Join Team Beyond Blue in a running, cycling or swimming event and help raise vital funds to support our work. If you can help your sister understand that she needs to work towards making changes, there might be a difference?I have had BPD for over 15 years. We encourage you to try again later . Last year, I finally mustered up some courage to seek help. We are committed to providing a safe, culturally appropriate, and inclusive service for all people, regardless of their ethnicity, faith, disability, sexuality, or gender identity. Been trying to see a psych since march and have not heard back from the ones I've called or emailed. History. Has she seen a health professional concerning her MH who can thoroughly go through who needs?It sounds like you are trying to change things in the environment to help your sister.

Young people For example, if it is cold we can't tell the cold to go away. Here are some ways you can support our work.

You are in good company here - I trust your peers will soon provide you with some support and advice (sometimes it can take a little bit of time!).