Kenya Barris has weighed in on those comparing #BlackAF to his ABC hit, Black-ish, and now he is sharing how his kids helped keep #BlackAF authentic. ... one of the blessings and gifts I got in my career is that I did something that I could sit down with my kids and watch. Despite having a busy working life, Kenya Barris spends lots of quality time with his large family.

He and his wife, Rainbow Barris, a doctor, have six children together. On May 15, 2020, he filed a request for dismissal of his divorce and is awaiting the petition to be thrown out by the judge. The biggest boost I needed was that my daughters got behind me.”“#BlackAF” is hardly the first show for which Barris pulled from his own experiences. Explains Why Burr Is The Narrator But “#BlackAF” digs the deepest, not only by casting six young actors to portray each of his real-life kids, but also by leaning further into the at-times harsh realities of a long-term relationship than the traditional broadcast formula allows.The sixth episode, titled “Hard to Believe, but Still Because of Slavery,” featured what Barris calls “the scariest scene in the show” for him. So, the 45 years old, Kenya Barris has decided to take responsibility of the kids … “I’m so constantly worried about what my kids think [but] it helped with some of the stories to forget what I would do. In addition to that, he also has three children together with his wife. You weren’t telling it from a personal point of view; you were seeing the main character in a more honest way than he might tell his own story.”And, Barris says, “because it was really scary” was precisely why he wanted to deliver this kind of storytelling.“I think that that’s the best form of art, entertainment, expression. 'Miley Cyrus reflects on split with Liam Hemsworth 1 year later: ‘It’s like a death when you lose a love that deep’Shirley Manson recalls huge risk she took took to join Garbage: ‘I was very lucky that they weren't creeps’Ashton Kutcher calls out President Trump after derecho: 'Where is the federal relief for Iowa? At this point in his television career of mining his personal life for family comedies, In fact, for his Netflix comedy “#BlackAF,” in which Barris stars as a version of himself — a Hollywood showrunner with six kids — some of those children saw the material well ahead of time.“I made sure my oldest daughter read every script; my middle daughter, who’s a super film buff, read every outline before I showed her the script; my youngest daughter came to editing a few times,” Barris says. Netflix's Fatal Affair Cast Interview | Nia Long & Omar Epps He says the show is about "raising your kids … Still, it is unclear that Barris and Raina have officially finalized their separation or not.Barris and his ex-partner have a lot of history, they have known each other since high school, and although their marriage ended, it is clear that their partnership will never end. I think it was sweet of Kenya Barris to count on his kids with his Netflix show.Like a contented Hallmark movie character, Britt happily lives in the same city she grew up in. Kenya Barris together with the former wife and six kids. Back in 2014, Rania had filed for divorce. He is currently married to his wife named Dr. Rainbow Edwards-Barriswith whom he tied his knots on 3rd December of 1999. Along with movies and television, she is passionate about competitive figure skating. Kenya Barris’ mother, Tina divorced his father when Kenya was 5-years-old.Kenya grew up in poverty in Inglewood, California. After Rumors About Shia Labeouf Playing Iceman, An LGBT Actor Is Campaigning For The Role