Made from solid steel and opens for easy rivet removal. Create a wide variety of head shapes and designs.

-a hammer 6 years ago Yes!

The wire should just barely pass through the rivet hole.

Please try again. Create a wide variety of head shapes and designs. The first thing you should do is contact the seller directly.If you’ve already done that, your item hasn’t arrived, or it’s not as described, you can report that to Etsy by opening a case.We take intellectual property concerns very seriously, but many of these problems can be resolved directly by the parties involved. however thisi did use the mighty mouse oxy/acetylene torch with it’s pinoint Well, if nails's steel is 1020, then rivet's iron is 1000. Just heat them up an let them cool in the air and they will be soft again. There was a problem calculating your shipping. Reply

on Well, if nails's steel is 1020, then rivet's iron is 1000. The process of making them work hardens the nails.

7 years ago

This tool produces #9 rivets from 1/4″ to 1″ long. It's not a large diameter. Find out more in our Made from solid steel and opens for easy rivet removal. Looks like you already have an account! I often use iron rivets, and see that they are very soft compared with nails. Surely making them a softening by heat are most appropriate.

Clothing & Shoes Feb 7, 2017 - Turn ordinary copper wire into hand-made copper rivets.

Most of what I've used _does_ have enough carbon to take some temper though; certainly not knife-edge quality, of course. The global marketplace for vintage and handmade items.The global marketplace for vintage and handmade items.In order to give you the best experience, we use cookies and similar technologies for performance, analytics, personalization, advertising, and to help our site function.

I am trying to make rivets with copper wire I get from the hardware store.

Whoa! 7 years ago I adore Mr. Crescent–which is what I call my Klein Tools 9-inch Journeyman High-Leverage Side-Cutting Pliers.

You need to have cookies enabled to sign in.

About: Im on youtube= Awesomeepiceli https://www.youtube.com/subscribe_widget?p=awesomeepiceli Reply

A rivet spacer is just a piece of pallet banding or something similar with a slot cut into the end.

Want to know more? I have done rivets with nails, but as I said before, "in extremis case".

These are easy to make and are pretty cheap.You need

Reply Etsy shops never receive your credit card information. -something to use it onDrill a hole through whatever you will use it on that is as wide as the nailNow you need to put a nail through the hole. Worth the investment, sturdy, well made in America, straight sided, dependable, low-maintenance, strong, available, easy to hold, and toothy–they’re every rivet girl’s dream!Keep going until all of your rivets are done. Made from solid steel and opens for easy rivet removal.

on You are both right. What you must use for domestic rivets is a soft metal, like mild iron, copper, aluminum or so. Saying no will not stop you from seeing Etsy ads, but it may make them less relevant or more repetitive.