Comandante C40 vs. Kinu M47.

It is just really excellent.I have a Kinu myself - even if you have the built in grinder on the Barista Express, you'll want to use the Kinu for Espresso.

I had to use a metal right angle pick, push the conical sleave down and push the magnets up so that I could push them back down flush to the surface.

Kinu's dedication to fine engineering is apparent from just about every angle with their M47 hand grinder. Kinu VS Comandante Coffee Hand Grinder Comparison - YouTube
The result is a very consistent grind.This grinder is beautifully engineered. 47 mm conical steel burrs are housed in an all-steel body, with a 30 gram capacity and micro-stepped adjustment to suit all your coffee brewing needs.Kinu's dedication to fine engineering is apparent from just about every angle with their M47 hand grinder. 5mm) US$325. The amount of care given to the quality of the product down to the packaging is amazing. Feels amazing to hold. One day I was nearly done grinding and the cup dropped spilling all the grinds on the floor. I like to leave it disassembled with the parts lined up on a folded paper towel, and the screw you installed, as it feels more solid to me. I use it for different grinds but primarily a medium for pour over.

A couple of times, the magnet pills slipped out of the cup and were stuck to the grinder. Please allow 1-2 business days for your order to ship out & please note that USPS is experiencing delays delivering some orders. Check the User Manual for more use and care instructions.Welcome back! The driveshaft has a beautiful click like a nice bicycle crank or a ratchet. But then I don't want to feel like I've bought an inferior grinder for filter brewing when I could have spent £60 less on a better product. For the record, James Hoffmann preferred the stock Comandante's flavor when comparing them for espresso, so it is definitely capable of good espresso out of the box.The Kinu is definitely better for espresso. It is much better suited for espresso.The Comandante creates excellent filter brews but doesn't have the grinding speed or adjustment capability for espresso, at least without the Red Clix upgrade. Our best tasting brews fell into the finer half of the M47's range - espresso and pourover - as coarser grinds saw slightly more fines. Is this showing the comandante to have less variance? It got dinged up but still fit into the grinder fine. It's a bit annoying given the price tag. Potential buyers will not be disappointed from a standpoint of performance or quality of design. I would definitely recommend this grinder, though it's not a good option for travel due to its size and weightExcellent. (So now I have 8 of 11 magnets remaining in the catch cup.) 101w Reply. Adjusting the size of ground coffee is very easy. Beautiful design. I'm already experiencing excessive fines in my brews and I hope my new grinder would fix this issue.I get the feeling the difference is likely minimal, but I've seen posts complaining about long drawdown times with the M47 and people telling the OP it's because of fines caused by the grinder.

Really impressive piece of equipment. Second opening a 6th magnet came out. Also the build feels less solid with more plastic parts.I'm leaning towards the Kinu because of the superior build quality, looks (in my opinion), and espresso capability for when I'm home at Christmas, Easter and Summer. Kinu M47 Intre cele 2 rasnite sunt diferente, legate preponderent de modul de constructie si design; nu am observat diferente mari in ceasca. The grinder produces great cups, and I have no buyers remorse. You could always spend the £60 you save on the red clix mod to make it better for espresso. Discuss them here.Just got my kinu Phoenix grinder.

Please read our Kinu's unparalleled attention to detail makes the M47 one of the best hand grinders available today. More often than not, you wind up spilling some grounds around in places you did not want them and then you've got to shoo the cats away from the mess you just made all over the floor. Even when I'm not traveling I've been using this over my Encore. But if you are looking for a manual grinder to use at home for a wide range of applications, I don't think you can do better thank the M47.High quality grinder, great taste in cup for espresso, beautiful and excelent service from Prima!!

It’s magnetic and they came a little proud of the cup surface. I was contemplating the top tier Grinders such as commandante and kinu simplicity. My main concern was being able to get a “Baby Powder” fine grind for Turkish coffee....and I got it.I'm not good at brewing coffee and speaking English. I justified buying the c40 as a grinder for when I travel (whenever that happens).

landonrady.

Even my wife, who does not drink coffee, said that it smells fresher, more clean and more robust than the electric grinder! @landonrady. It is far superior.I was also debating between the Comandante and Kinu, and i also saw alot of posts about how Kinu seemingly produces more fines, however i use mine for pourover with no issues at all. I love high quality manual devices!I bought mine from Kinu before Prima carried them. That really puts me off.I love my Comandante but I've never used a Kinu so I can't speak about the differences in grind quality. I was set to get the Phoenix when it came out but now I have some reservations: As I've researched into upgrading my cheapo Amazon hand grinder to something a bit more worthy of the expensive beans I buy, I've found myself at a crossroads as to whether I should invest in the Comandante C40 Mk3 or the Kinu M47 Simplicity. Weighing out and grinding the beans takes less time than bringing the water to temperature, so it does not slow down the process.