Activate their prior knowledge with a “quiz” to assess CVVC words. My students were instantly engaged by the interactive lesson on their iPads and enjoyed being able to work at their #Nearpod can be used in the lower grades, even #preschool! So what are the similarities and differences between them? The posts can be “liked” by students and are sortable by the teacher. Learn how Nearpod easily integrates with these solutions!With strong, active Microsoft integrations, Nearpod is bringing the classroom to life. Nearpod is an online site where a teacher can create and import interactive lessons along with online assessments, polls, virtual field trips, etc. This sea turtles lesson hits science standards in 4-5, but can be used for ELA and social studies in K-5. Teachers can facilitate lessons in class or as student-paced rather easily with either tool, but there are more options available within Nearpod at the free level.Nearpod has the edge with its library of thousands of lessons for different content areas and grade levels, ready for free download and customization. No mobile devices in your classroom? Include a “Draw It” activity slide directing students to think of a … In hindsight, I should have edited a lesson first, to get extra familiar with Nearpod as a platform. Make every lesson interactive with Nearpod. Through Nearpod, all question types are available in the free version (Open Ended, Polls, Quiz, Draw, and Collaborate), as well the ability to add an activity “on the fly”, whereas in Pear Deck, only three types of questions are available in the free version (Multiple Choice, Numbers, and Text). This immersive capability promotes global knowledge, expanding student comprehension of different perspectives and allows students to become immersed in new environments. One feature I used all the time in Nearpod was the sharing student work back on students devices anonymously. My students were instantly engaged by the interactive lesson on their iPa… With Nearpod, links can be shared to have students access the lesson as well. For next year, I’m going back to the classroom, and I need to decide which one I’ll use. It is an extension on chrome, so then once you have your presentation, click the Nearpod icon and it has you log in and then it transfers it into a Nearpod lesson. My Distance Learning Must-Haves! You can enjoy Nearpod from any web browser :) Create, engage, and assess your students in every lesson! #Preschool #EarlyEd” username=”nearpod”]We are Amy, Laura and Lisa. It's similar to Classflow but way easier to use and you don't have to enter student names. Read how @AllYallNeed introduced Nearpod to her students!When my students returned from Winter Break, I introduced Nearpod in a 2. Both tools work with Google Classroom, Nearpod also integrates with Schoology and Canvas. Overview . They each offer websites full of information to help educators get started creating lessons. Here’s 3 engaging ways to use VR in social studies!Take a look at how to maximize student-paced lessons and bring these ideas to your classroom! If I understand it correctly, Pear Deck allows you to share student samples anonymously, but only via a projector, and not directly to the student devices. In terms of assessments, this is a nice feature to have, to help in the area of academic integrity. To prepare for this lesson: Create a Nearpod teacher account. Welcome to Nearpod Gold!. We know there are many great digital tools available that open up the spaces and time for students to learn.

Did you know that you can “nearpodize” the google slides as well? Sign up for FREE and get started today.Interested in bringing Nearpod to your school or district? I ended up having a writing activity at the end of my lesson and using standards for that. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Both Nearpod and Pear Deck offer a variety of question types and activities as ways to assess students, but more importantly, these tools help to increase student engagement and expand where and when students learn. Best part? And for opportunities to engage students in learning, promote active learning and exploration, and assess students through multiple methods, Nearpod also edges Pear Deck in this, as there are more options available in the free version. Nearpod has tons of amazing features like Virtual Field Trips, Draw It activities, Quizzes, embedded videos and photographs. Boost student participation with collaborative activities and formative assessments like Virtual Reality, Polls, Collaborate Boards, and game-based quizzes. I know you are probably thinking, “Nearpod in Pre-K? I’t s my backup plan too when a projector is out so that is a really crucial feature for me.I’ve played around with Nearpod for a few minutes and experienced the spottiness of the upload feature.Hi, thanks for reading and the feedback. For example, using “thumbs up” and “thumbs down” students can place a dot as to whether they understand the material, draw dots on a map or a graph, and then the teacher can cast all responses on the screen, without showing the name of each student. Sharing Kindergarten 874 views. (I wish I would have implemented these sooner!)

Aug 9, 2020 - Explore Nearpod's board "Lesson ideas", followed by 2950 people on Pinterest. 10:27. Kindergarten Holiday Math. Students practice identifying 3D shapes found in real world objects. The Pear Deck Orchard does not appear to offer as many lessons as does Nearpod’s library.