He'd console me when I lost and encourage me when I won.My childhood, however, wasn't all about tennis.

But my dad always tried to keep me level. Cordoba - Feb 07 Djere Digs Deep For Adelaide Victory. The same as my mother. No part of this site may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any way or by any means (including photocopying, recording or storing it in any medium by electronic means), without the written permission of ATP Tour, Inc.. Category

My dad had cancer. But after five breaks, I settled down and added one more to take the first set.My early play matched my pre-final feelings. ATP & WTA tennis players at Tennis Explorer offers profiles of the best tennis players and a database of men's and women's tennis players. I didn't know it at the time, but, during those trips, my love for baking was born.My tennis career, by the time I was 15, was also progressing. It had started in her colon, and by the time she was diagnosed, in November 2010, the cancer was already metastatic.Seventeen months later, she died. Latest Videos. Serbia’s Laslo Djere will face Japanese star Kei Nishikori in the biggest match of his career on Thursday, only six months after the death of his father and mentor.

He came to most of my matches, too. But how will it feel?The moment Felix hit a forehand into the net on my fifth championship point, I felt relief.I dropped my racquet, covered my face, puffed out my chest. Find out what's happening in the world as it unfolds. Najčešće igra na čelendžerima, a od 2015. sve češće u kvalifikacijama na ATP turnirima, da bi od 2018. počeo redovno da igra i u glavnom žrebu. We speak about different situations that can come up during a match, how I'm feeling and how I can work to stay in the moment.For example, if I feel distracted, I'll tell myself a keyword or go through a routine that will bring me back to the present. My ranking had jumped almost 100 spots. Serbia’s Laslo Djere will face Japanese star Kei Nishikori in the biggest match of his career on Thursday, only six months after the death of his father and mentor.

Tournament "She's back home in Serbia. Djere had never reached an ATP Tour final before Rio in February. Senta) je srpski teniser mađarskog porekla.. Najbolji plasman na ATP listi mu je 27. mesto u pojedinačnoj konkurenciji od 10. juna 2019, a trenira ga Boris Čonkić. He loved football and played for the local club in Senta, my hometown in Serbia.But when I was five, his passion for tennis made him want to learn how to play. I was 16 and without a mom.In Rio, neither Felix nor I had played our best in the first set. Page Transparency See More. What are my parents thinking?

To avoid confusion and double counting, these charts are updated at the conclusion of a tournament or when the player's participation has ended. Subcategory

Laslo Djere entered the Rio Open as an unheralded 23-year-old from Serbia.

""I want to dedicate this trophy to my parents," Djere said in front of the Rio crowd after defeating 18-year-old Felix Auger-Aliassime of Canada 6-3, 7-5 in the final. For the first time, I was set to finish the year inside the Top 100.I felt like all the work my coaches, my dad and I had done was paying off. "I lost my mom seven years ago and I want to dedicate this one to her. We are not here forever, not one of us, and I just want to use the time while I'm here in a positive way and do as much good as I can.I will see my parents again, whether I want to or not. My dad had watched the icons of my early childhood – The day he started to learn, I did, too. Scores

I gave everything I could, at least, I hope so.The worst part about that terrible time was that it ended. I knew that, even though my parents weren't in the stadium that night, they were watching.My father, Caba, had no dreams of having a professional tennis player as a son. She's been a big support for me, and I'm really thankful that I have her, and also to my girlfriend. I wanted to spend time with him and sit next to him.

What would they say to me?

Search

Year

It never completely goes away, to be honest.But, this time, I also felt something different. Chat with us in Facebook Messenger. My dad was the head of the family, and I was next in line, so I had to be strong.
He was 55.You never know what you're going to feel when your dream comes true. 37 on Monday following the win. I liked it as well, so my dad and I started traveling to tennis tournaments all across my country.At least three weekends a month, we'd drive across Serbia, to Belgrade, Novi Sad, Pančevo, Kraljevo, Subotica and Kikinda. It didn't matter how many times I tried to refocus on the present, I couldn't bring myself to completely focus on the maHe felt like I was playing so good in practice and was sad that I'd have to play Thiem, one of the best players in the world. But while I'm here, I just want to make sure I give all that I can and make them proud.© Copyright 1994 - 2020 ATP Tour, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Colon cancer. She was 44. We'd knead, cut and fold the “dough”, but never eat it. SR=strike rate (events won/competed) Our new family of three – my dad, sister and I – had managed to recover from losing my mom, and on the court, I had never played better.I made five ATP Challenger Tour finals, and won one of them, my first Challenger title. Many other people struggle and have problems. Contact Laslo Djere on Messenger. It was Djere's first win against someone ranked in the top 10.With the win, Djere jumped from 90 to 37 in the ATP rankings.Djere then went on to defeat Japan's Taro Daniel and Casper Ruud of Norway. But when I walked onto centre court in Rio, with the sun shining and the fans cheering, my mind was everywhere.All my life, my parents and I had worked for this moment.