Old and bony. "‘New Slang’ is about that Saturn Returns part of my life – I wrote it just after that. Stewart Mason of the The song's music video was filmed in various locations in Albuquerque and Portland. The Shins weren’t anything when I wrote that song. "Both these publications later included the song on their rankings of the top songs of the 2000s, with Rolling Stone also giving it The track had reviews from many mainstream news sources, including “New Slang” is about The Shins' front-man James Mercer’s hometown of Albuquerque, where the band was based at the time. Hope it's right when you die. Viejo y huesudo. What makes this song so instantly familiar and likable? And if you'd 'a took to me like a Gull takes to the wind Well, I'd 'a jumped from my trees And I'd a danced like the king of the eyesores "New Slang" is a song by American rock band The Shins, released on February 19, 2001 as the lead single from the group's debut studio album, Oh, Inverted World. There wasn’t any hope for anything like a music career. Mercer felt trapped and uncertain about the future, with ties in his life deteriorating. New Slang Lyrics. ‘Gold teeth and a curse for this town.’ I guess that’s like gold teeth being this discovery that I could write songs and that this was my chance, in this talent that I discovered. I had become a hermit making a record and recording and lost interest in the bingeing and partying and shit. When he met her he was clueless, but still in the back of his mind knew that the world wasnt as perfect as his life was. All of a sudden my whole life was up in smoke.

I felt like I couldn’t relate to the people I had been hanging out with. It’s definitely a moment in my life, that sort of angst and confusion about what my future was going to be.

... meaning he hadn't expierienced pain before this girl. Meaning Get Out of That Funk. La suciedad en tus papas fritas. This was used in a McDonald's commercial, which is ironic since it contains the lyrics, "When you notice the stripes, the dirt in your fries" and "Godspeed all the bakers at dawn, may they cut all their thumbs and bleed into the buns till they melt away."
Espero que esté bien cuando mueras.

I would indulge in things but it wouldn’t be much fun.”“The most punk-rock fucking thing I could do in my life was something like ‘New Slang.’ That was just, like, flipping off the whole city [of Albuquerque].

New slang when you notice the stripes. Before you knew it, my whole life was upside down: I got signed, I quit my job, I moved out of town, the big relationship I'd had for five years ended. New Slang Lyrics: Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh / Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh / Gold teeth and a curse for this town / Were all in my mouth / Only I don't know how / They got out, dear / Turn me back into

Dawn breaks like a bull through the hall. The lyrics are fueled with "angst and confusion," as Mercer was finding himself constantly depressed and disconnected from his friends and scene. I was in this place that I felt depressed about. I had become a hermit making a record and recording and lost interest in the bingeing and partying and shit.

Dawn breaks like a bull through the hall, Never should have called But my head's to the wall and I'm lonely. I felt like I couldn’t relate to the people I had been hanging out with. It’s that end-of-your-20s thing. Off the Grammy Award winning soundtrack for the film Even without this massive publicity, the song received rave reviews, with many heralding it as the best song on the album.