Day order often serves as the default order duration on Start here for a quick overview of the site

A Day order will be canceled at the end of the day if not executed.An IOC will be canceled if not filled imediately. But yeah, maybe they exist.
You can also leave the specific time period open when you place an order. IOC - An Immediate or Cancel (IOC) order allows a Trading Member to buy or sell a security as soon as the order is released into the market, failing which the order will be removed from the market. Personal Finance & Money Meta Could very well be that's particular to that brokerage though. Investopedia uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience.

Anybody can ask a question Day orders can be particularly useful when used to order a security at a specific price point, so that the trader does not need to monitor the security for the rest of the day waiting for the right time to execute the order. De très nombreux exemples de phrases traduites contenant "date de validité" – Dictionnaire anglais-français et moteur de recherche de traductions anglaises. 5:03. As a seller, all I'm interested in is selling my shares at the market price or a certain price that I've set (i.e.

In India, with ICICI Direct (An online trading platform), it is possible to specify the "Order Validity" as DAY (Intraday), IOC (Immediate or Cancel) which is being able to sell the shares when I want. ans: The above refers to the validity of ur buy/sell order placed.
The offers that appear in this table are from partnerships from which Investopedia receives compensation.

This type is not useful for investors.

The best answers are voted up and rise to the top Learn more about Stack Overflow the company So if you place a market order and it is not executed imediately or only partially executed imediately, then the order or partial order remaining will be canceled imediately.You should also have the choice of placing an order until canceled. An open order is an order in the market that has not yet been filled and is still working. Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us An order is canceled either when it is executed or at the end of a specific time period. What does a DAY, IOC OR VTC Order Validity stands for and which should I select?

A day order is a stipulation placed on an order to a broker to execute a trade at a specific price that expires at the end of the trading day if it is not completed. Time in force is an instruction in trading that defines how long an order will remain active before it is executed or expires. For example, some people may want to update their limit price each night and prefer to have anything not executed expire. my Limit Price)I'm struggling to understand why the Order Validity is important to me when selling shares ? Detailed answers to any questions you might have Ever heard of selling because of a stop-loss order?In India exchanges are not allowed to carry orders overnight and hence the concept GTC does't exist anymore.You can also choose to enter a trade until canceled, so if not executed it will stay in the order books until you cancel it.I have traded in Europe and in the US, but I haven't yet seen a trader that keeps orders past the end of month. A good 'til canceled (GTC) order is a buy or sell order that remains active until it is either executed or until the investor cancels it. In this scenario, of course, the loss would have been realized either way, but the investors may have chosen to hold rather than sell at a loss depending on what was behind the drop. Day orders can be a source of stress for investors who are not professional traders. DAY - A Day order, as the name suggests, is an order which is valid for the day on which it is entered.

That should not make it a bad answer - the question was not which options exist, but Good answer except a god til canceled order will remain indefinately unless executed, canceled by the trader or canceled by the broker usually due to some corporate event such as the stock going ex-dividend.

Some people are trying to take advantage of very short term price movements and will completely abandon some trade if it doesn't happen immediately.

Keep in mind that (a) the issues above might apply to exiting a position, and (b) some people will be selling short, which means that they are Thanks for contributing an answer to Personal Finance & Money Stack Exchange!

au changement ou plus généralement, en associant les proportions d’achat à l’attitude envers la marque (Day, 1969).

Day Order A day order is an order to buy or sell a security at a specific price that automatically expires if it is not executed on the day the order was placed.