The deeper and spiritual meaning that these surfers found is easy to be engrossed in as this film invites you in.

Since 1998, DVD Netflix has been the premier DVD-by-mail rental service. A brilliant film!

It has some of the most incredible shots that I have ever seen, but what really makes it is the way it comes across as so personal, with some really interesting, moving interviews with some of the worlds greatest surfers such as Greg Noll, Jeff Clark and Laird Hamilton, and their relationships …

Riding Giants. From its early Hawaiian roots to its current status as a recreational lifestyle enjoyed worldwide, bigwave surfing is given the definitive exploration by acclaimed director Stacy Peralta (Dogtown andZ-Boys).

Wonderful film. -- Sam George, Global Editor SURFER Magazine

Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote.

Most …

If you are in anyway interested in surfing you HAVE to buy this film.Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 10, 2019 Surfers first. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote.

Inspiring for anyone who does not want to 'follow the crowd'. The movie was produced recently and the possibilities and techniques of filmmaking in the 21st century were exploited. After several months of testing, we discovered that it isn't perfect though. Part sports history, part thrill ride, skateboarder Stacy Peralta's documentary pays homage to the brave, foolish surfers who dare ride the world's biggest waves. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote.

), and a WHOLE load more.

Watch Riding Giants starring Darrick Doerner in this Documentary on DIRECTV. With a mix of eye pleasing vintage footage and impressive and palpatating waves.

Introduced as a budget alternative to the popular Trance 29, the Giant Stance 29 is an entry-level full suspension trail bike that packs in a lot of the right ingredients.

I lived on the Beaches of Southern California the first 30 years of my life--this excellent montage of surfing film reflects our innocence in the late 40's and 50's - securing a slice of fact-in-bliss as a political charade called a cold war swirled our nation!

Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links on this page. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote.

Unlimited movies sent to your door, starting at $7.99 a month. Mother Nature and her children - would that we could all be respectful and in love with Her in this day.

Very stylish.

Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. However this film did not just leave me transfixed, my girlfriend, who hates surfing was also unable to peel her eyes away. The film 'travels'to Hawaii through and to present day - mingling the origins of surfing, providing Mother Nature and her children a whole new level of Love and Respect for 'one-another'. It has some of the most incredible shots that I have ever seen, but what really makes it is the way it comes across as so personal, with some really interesting, moving interviews with some of the worlds greatest surfers such as Greg Noll, Jeff Clark and Laird Hamilton, and their relationships with the waves. LAST TIME WE RODE THE BEAST! I lost my first copy and despite watching it many times I bought it again. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote.

Blu-ray: For those with a solid home theater setup, definitely worth upgrading to Blu-ray!!! The set piece of this hyperbolic ode to surfing is Laird Hamilton's 2000 trip to Tahiti, where a monster wave provided the opportunity for what the movie portentously calls the most significant ride in surfing history. Rickey Grigg and Mickey Munoz were acquaintences in Santa Monica with whom our family knew through the Santa Monica school system. This documentary charts surfing, with a gradual shift from after the sport became popular, to emphasise big wave surfing. There's Jeff Clark, Northern California's lone frontiersman, who, after discovering the massive waves of Maverick's near San Francisco, rode there alone for over a decade. 2004, Sports - 105 min 6 Comments. This movie is great. 7.43. My brother and I were just amateurs who enjoyed playing in the surf for a few relaxing hours. :D I say partially because I came in half way through whilst channel surfing and still thoroughly enjoyed what I saw, which I think in anyones book is a good indicator of a quality film. It will impress the general public and satisfy the professional.

The must have/watch if you are an enthusiast of big wave surfing Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote.

Free returns, plus no due dates or late fees. From acclaimed director Stacy Peralta comes Riding Giants, the story of big wave surfing. The Super Stars of Surfing are seen in true humility-loving the ocean, living NOW for the waves that seem to know-who-they-are. This is a real feel-good and educational narrative of big wave surfing since it's inception. Through a fast-paced combination of mediums that include classic archival photography, spectacular movie footage - both current and vintage - and contemporary interviews with the sport's greatest surfers, experts and storytellers, Riding Giants captures the rich visual history of one of the most dramatic athletic adventures of our time.

Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote.

This thing is insane!! Dutch police find country's biggest-ever cocaine lab in former riding school, including cement mixers and vats of tens of thousands of litres …

Waking the beast! Good deal aswell quite cheap.

What a great film, it suits those involved in surfing but is also great for anyone to watch.

Worth a watch whether you're aurfer or not. Riding Giants on the other hand is this (don't get me wrong!

The scenes from Mavericks were heart stopping at times. He invented the surfboard fin foil which allows surfers to get longer and faster rides.

), and a WHOLE load more.