No. Paula Badosa became the first player into the second round with her 6-1 6-0 demolition of Swedish qualifier Johanna Larsson in just 57 minutes in the women's singles. "Usually this is not a lucky number, but for me, my favourite number," he said. Wertheim: Serena Williams expected to compete in 2020 US Open 2 weeks, 6 days ago Federer, Sharapova honor Rafa Nadal International School Class of …

The eighth-seeded Williams is attempting to win her record 24th Grand Slam singles title. Roger Federer suffered a stunning loss Tuesday night, falling in five sets to 78th-ranked Grigor Dimitrov in the United States Open quarterfinals, 3-6, 6-4, 3-6, 6-4, 6-2. "You're not doing your job. You're just finding reasons to code me." Fucsovics also beat the 13th seed last year at Melbourne Park, that time Sam Querrey in the second round. 13-seeded Denis Shapovalov became the first notable exit on the men's side after losing in four sets to Marton Fucsovics.

1-ranked Ash Barty, who is hoping to become the first Australian woman to win her home major since 1978, and an American veteran playing a rising star - Venus Williams vs. Coco Gauff. Shapovalov berated the umpire and received a code violation during his ill-tempered match on Margaret Court Arena. Defending champion Novak Djokovic begins his chase for an eighth Australian Open title and third-seeded Roger Federer starts his campaign for a men's-leading 21st Grand Slam singles title, both in later matches at Rod Laver Arena. But she broke Potapova's serve two games later, her fifth successful break in six attempts. Download "The middle players are kind of stuck, and the older players like Serena Williams and Roger Federer, time is not their friend. The father-of-four had a routine 6-3, 6-2, 6-2 win over Steve Johnson in his first tournament of the year, saying he was content with his form after a vacation and some heavy off-season training. Federer advanced his first-round record to 21-0 in first-round matches at the Australian Open, where he's won six of his 20 major titles.

He never looked uncomfortable against his world No. If I break it, 100 per cent code me," Shapovalov yelled at umpire Renaud Lichtenstein.

Williams had her service broken in the second game of the second set after cruising through the first. "So they lost basically this year this opportunity." The 20-year-old Canadian lost 6-3, 7-6 (7), 6-1, 7-6 (3). Well at least one fan tried his best to get a look at the match and lay flat on the ground outside the court and tried to watch it, which was captured by the cameras on Tennis Channel. Everything was working well. After throwing his racket, Shapovalov was given the code violation that triggered his outburst. "Roger Federer plays a backhand in his first-round victory over Steve Johnson.Roger Federer's children Charlene, Myla, Lenny and Leo watch on during Monday's first-round match.Serena Williams romped to victory over Anastasia Potapova in the first round of the Australian Open.Naomi Osaka plays a backhand during day one of the 2020 Australian Open at Melbourne Park.Naomi Osaka of Japan reacts during her women's singles first round match against Marie Bouzkova of the Czech Republic.Denis Shapovalov of Canada throws his racquet during his defeat to Marton Fucsovics of Hungary.Lotto 'sincerely apologise' as results for $50m Powerball draw delayed amid record online ticket sales ... read more Federer dropped just seven games to Johnson at Melbourne Park on the opening day of the first major of the year. "I didn't break it. Night matches feature No. Earlier, Serena Williams won the first set in 19 minutes and had a momentary lapse at the start of the second but completed a 6-0, 6-3 win over Anastasia Potapova on day one of the Australian Open. Six-time Australian Open champion Roger Federer has cruised through his opening match to advance to the second round. "I hadn't been able to win as a mom, so it was nice to finally be able to win a tournament with a 2-year-old now," Williams said. Defending champion Naomi Osaka opened her campaign with a straight sets win in the opening match at Rod Laver Arena over Marie Bouzkova. I hope for her." Roger Federer and Serena Williams score easy wins to start Australian Open. Tennis - The WTA Tour has returned and this week, the Top Seed Open is underway in Lexington, Kentucky, The tournament has no fans allowed and on Thursday, there was a big match-up between Venus Williams and Serena Williams, which Serena went on to win in three sets.

Watch how a fan tries to catch the Venus vs. Serena Williams action in Lexington Tennis - The fans have not been allowed on-site at the event AUGUST 15, 2020 10:23 The blowup came after the third set. Here is a look at the video.