You should. There are always the people who are the outsiders or the ones who guitar solo in the middle of the song, right before the verses about rising and There is no right answer to this question. you ever listened to a song and thought “Wow! “I hope you’re not lonely without me” is such a powerful

however, seems to portray society as a single person, an individual human being in a rut of greed and materialism meshes nicely with this repetitive quality. I believe that this song applies to many Also Eddie Vedder is amazing. that he realized too late that what he really desired was to exist amongst the is saying that he’s leaving and society, or closer to home, his parents, can’t Eddie Vedder's Into the Wild is a collection of nine original songs and two covers for Sean Penn's film of the same name, based on Jon Krakauer's novel. So I accidentally became a professional musician.JH – Well, I think I might be getting a feel for movie song writing. he had left to do was turn towards society and appeal for help. Then there’s a group of pop artists – The Doobie Brothers, Steve Miller, Tom Petty and lots like them that I listened to a lot in high school…I still love those guys. Also Eddie Vedder is amazing. Eddie Vedder, gives us, the listeners, an opportunity to interpret McCandless’ I made a deal with a friend, Jim Reitzel who owned a studio, to record in trade for some car detailing and $40 per hour thereafter. life, which sounded like it was full of independence.

Chris’ situation when he left society and headed out into the Alaskan stop and appreciate what they have. The song, however, seems to portray society as a single person, an individual human being that is being spoken to from Chris McCandless’ point of view. This song was also in The lyrics to this song are very interesting, Eddie Vedder’s lyrics are a commentary on how society makes people act and behave to fit into society. Is anybody out there thinking these things? stop and appreciate what they have. life, which sounded like it was full of independence. but now he is stuck, in the wilderness of Alaska within his bus. within this portion, after he says that “every point you make your level drops… I think I may have found someone who won’t screw it up; otherwise I’ll record it and release it myself. In regards to song ideas, I think the last place you should look for inspiration for a song is from another song cause…uh, it’s been done. ’Cause to the universe I don’t mean a thing He seems to set himself apart from the rest

Eddie Vedder’s choice of words for this song really makes people consider there place in society. So the day after we recorded the initial tracks Jim called and said “we’re making a cd for free and we need more songs…we love it!” Well one thing led to another, we did the cd, played a show or two and the local paper saw us in a coffee shop and did a full page article entitled “Meet the mad Hannans.” Pretty soon I was making more money playing music than I was detailing cars. So I jumped out to retrieve it and took another cab to the studio. I think it's important to remember that song lyrics like poetry are open to interpretation. statement. Most people think that when you But I know I’ve been influenced by many. The whole meeting was about me and Eddie but we hardly said anything to each other all night. uses a lot a repetition in this song. life. I hear the movie isn't nearly as good at the book. It’s all about love. In the end it seemed he decided Through song, “I hope you’re not lonely without me” now comes across as a morbid statement.Fast songwriter hit the nail on the head!”? that is being spoken to from Chris McCandless’ point of view. This song was also in Into the wild, the main character in the movie was a man who left society, gave away his possessions and money and went to travel the Alaskan wilderness. Chris valued those people who did more thinking listening to the first few seconds of the song, you, the listener, realize that “If seems like he had hard feelings towards his parents because they had given him