We did very well in this venture and eventually saved enough money to open a real restaurant.In the fall of 1996 Sophie's Restaurant (now called Sophie's Cuban Cuisine) began construction and was born in June of 1997.

I gravitated toward the front of the house and the serving staff who were taking care of the customers. My father had been a licensed plumbing contractor in NYC for over 25 years. AND GET $5 OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER AT CHECKOUT! 911 claimed the first two and a landlord bought out another one but they kept working hard and there are now nine Sophie's Cuban Cuisine® restaurants in Manhattan, one in Brooklyn, and planning is underway in the NY Metro area to continue expanding.Since I was a very little girl I always liked to be in the restaurant environment; the great aromas, the excitement of the crowds when we were rushed, the happy customers and all the activity made it a wonderful place for me to be. Its lemonade is a bit sweet and pallid, but the fresh watermelon juice offered one sultry recent afternoon made up for that. We were just in our teens when my mother, sisters, and I worked nights preparing food to sell at these food stands. Portion was more then enough, even too much for Europeans.

A short time later, my mind went blank. Had the spicy chicken with sides yellow rice, baked plantains and white beans. He likes to join our kitchen staff on the weekends whenever he's available. I also have a green belt certification in Six Sigma. Mom noticed that there was a need for good, hearty Latin food in the financial district and she and my sister Sofia thought up the entire Sophie’s concept.

)for Dinner Menu $35 for two people (approx. Friends and business supporters of Fernando Martinez, a Cuban restaurant owner in Louisville, Ky., gathered at his La Bodeguita de Mima restaurant on Sunday to rally in his defense against protesters who are upset that he refuses to sign a letter pledging “representation and reparations” to blacks in the community. True to their restaurateur roots in Lima Peru, the Luna family always dreamed of having their own restaurant in their new home in New York City. NYC - Midtown, Downtown, Brooklyn. Zoom in to see updated info. 369 Lexington Ave Between 40th & 41st 212-922-3576.

Went to the 6th avenue location.

Sophie's Cuban Cuisine has an average price range between $3.00 and $9.00 per person. They had been selling Peruvian food from carts at the soccer fields in New York to earn the money to invest and thought Cuban food might be a better idea for the City. Order Timing ASAP Some other time.

Ashley (now in college) loves to come to the restaurant during the summer and make Batidos and help with Empanadas and anything else she can learn; she is becoming quite proficient at most restaurant tasks. That could be paired up with various chicken, pork or fish entrees. It is one of a dozen or so main courses lying in wait on the steam table every day; another handful of specials pop up on assigned days of the week. In my adult years I studied education at Long Island University but the pull of the restaurant life made me understand that serving great food to hungry, happy guests was more fulfilling for me than I had realized. Some of the offerings here are just a shade or two paler than what you’d find at one of those grimy old-school joints.

Sophie's Cuban Cuisine New York City; Sophie's Cuban Cuisine, New York; Get Menu, Reviews, Contact, Location, Phone Number, Maps and more for Sophie's Cuban Cuisine Restaurant on Zomato. When compared to other restaurants, Sophie's Cuban Cuisine is moderate. I fell head over heels immediately. If you have eaten roast turkey before, say, at Thanksgiving dinner, chances are this will surprise you on multiple levels.

While Manuela and the family continue to grow the business with seven Sophie's currently operating in Manhattan, one in Brooklyn, and another under construction in Manhattan, the company continues to grow and prosper.Eduardo actively manages the location at New St. where he makes customers feel right at home with his unique Cuban style for delivering the best Cuban food you can find at a rapid pace in a lively and exciting Cuban-neighborhood restaurant environment. View the menu from Sophie's Cuban Cuisine on 401 E 68th St in New York and order for delivery or takeout online or in the app. I now embrace this country as my own and I am very happy with how things turned out.

You are always assured the freshest, tastiest, and most wholesome food.We do catering, call directly to personalize your menu. Now we have two amazing children and Mila's doing management work in between caring for our sons and giving me advice while I manage the Sophie's Cuban Cuisine restaurant on Sixth Ave … and I am having the time of my life! Sophie's Cuban Cuisine is a Trademark by Sophie's Cuban Cuisine, Inc., the address on file for this trademark is 96 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007 . You will need to contact the restaurant directly to inquire about their hiring process.Simply print the application for employment, fill it out and bring it to the hiring Sophie’s of your choice for employment consideration. Sophie’s Cuban Cuisine 240 West 40th Street, (212) 730-9200 and five other locations: sophiescuban.com . Later, after realizing they were a good fit together Manuela and Eduardo became an item.Two years after the first restaurant located on Greenwich St. at the World Trade Center became a huge success a second Sophie’s opened on Pearl Street. Even though I’m new to the restaurant industry I have more than a decade of operational and management experience.

But Indeed everyone calls me by my middle name Jason. Sophie's Cuban Cuisine: Yummy! Manuela started the family business in 1967 in her native Peru after working in her mother’s restaurant throughout her chuldhood.

Six Sigma is a set of techniques and tools for process improvement.

That was just as busy and by 2001 they had four Sophie's Cuban Cuisine® Restaurants open.

Further down the road I began dating a wonderful girl. And the meat in a roast pork sandwich I had on another day was nearly as sweet and soft as those plantains.