"I wish to thank everyone who has shown me the patience and support that has been so evident during my time as headteacher. This establishment closed on 31/05/2014. This included the resignation of its chairman of governors and the announcement that long-serving head Carol Mason was taking early retirement.The school, which has more than 1,400 students, was rated good in 2014. In a recent round of meetings with students from all year groups I was delighted that our young people commented so positively on the impact of our work to improve our school since last September. The 44-year-old said he is not the right person to lead as a head teacher and he would be returning to the classroom as of December 22. We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us. Sep 1998 – Apr 2002 3 years 8 months. Join Facebook to connect with Stephen Drew and others you may know. "They are a highly dedicated and skilled group who I know will be able to deliver further improvements in the coming months and years. You should provide all of the information requested insofar as it is available to you. The age range that the establishment is legally allowed to make provision for.The number of pupil places the establishment can accommodate. There is no governance information for this establishment All maintained school governing bodies and academy trusts have a legal duty to provide all of the governance information requested on this page in so far as it is available to them. View Stephen Drew’s profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. "However, after a long period of reflection I have decided that I am not the right person to lead the school as headteacher in the future. The conference gave teachers from schools across Northamptonshire to share their experiences within the profession and take inspiration from Drew’s ideas and approach to teaching.Mr Stephen Drew is head of Brentwood County High School (BCHS) in Essex. "It is clear to me that the quality of teaching and learning taking place in our classrooms is much stronger; this is a direct result of having a much more stable teaching staff and having the expert support of colleagues from St Clere's School. Finally I would like to thank the dedicated, caring and skilled staff who I have been able to work with since 2012. See the complete profile on LinkedIn and discover Stephen’s connections and jobs at similar companies. Brentwood County High School staff work with such passion and expertise that I know they can achieve so much more, and that with new leadership through the St Clere's Co-operative Academy Trust that this will happen very soon. We plan to re-open it soon.Help with percentage of children eligible for free school meals field In September 2012, Mr Drew started his first headship at BCHS, achieving his aspiration of being a head teacher before his 40th birthday – which came in November 2012.University of Northampton 'Highly Commended' at Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Awards 2014 Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Stephen Oris Drew (born March 16, 1983) is an American former professional baseball infielder.He played 12 seasons in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Arizona Diamondbacks, Oakland Athletics, Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees and Washington Nationals.His two brothers, outfielder J.D. This comes just months after … Ourexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. "We will be advertising in the new year for a permanent post holder from September 2018. "My next step in teaching is going to be to return to working as a classroom teacher of history in a school outside of Essex. In a recent round of meetings with students from all year groups I was delighted that our young people commented so positively on the impact of our work to improve our school since last September.

As parents and carers you have been fair, kind and tolerant of my work as headteacher and I thank you all for this. Our students are a fantastic group of young people and they deserve every success. The University of Northampton’s School of Education is passionate about leading change which transforms the lives of children and young people, both in the UK and internationally. Any data collected is anonymised. "As parents and carers you have been fair, kind and tolerant of my work as headteacher and I thank you all for this. "I have done all that I can to support young people, families, colleagues and our wider community. Stephen Drew is returning to the classroom to teach historySign up to our newsletter for daily updates and breaking newsStephen Drew, the head teacher of Brentwood County High School, is stepping down this Friday after less than six years in the role.The 44-year-old said he is not the right person to lead as a head teacher and he would be returning to the classroom as of December 22. This will increase the transparency of governance arrangements. It is clear to me that the quality of teaching and learning taking place in our classrooms is much stronger; this is a direct result of having a much more stable teaching staff and having the expert support of colleagues from St Clere's School. Brentwood County High joined the trust in September this year.Griffiths said: "The head of St Clere's is already acting as executive head teacher of County High and that will continue until September 2018. Copyright ©2020 The University of Northampton "After just over five years of holding the privileged position of headteacher of this wonderful school community it is time for me to accept that further improvement needs to be led by someone else.
I have done all that I can to support young people, families, colleagues and our wider community." Finally I would like to thank the dedicated, caring and skilled staff who I have been able to work with since 2012. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. The head of St Clere’s School in Thurrock, Ashlie Hughes, will be taking over from the beginning of next term until September next year when the position is filled. Parents are able to claim free school meals if they receive a qualifying benefit.