Meaning of Tia. Source(s): https://shrink.im/a9Igh. aunt. We wrote the NATO (Military) phonetic alphabet, U.S. States, Caountries for you; She was given the name Tia as a nickname for Patricia, her grandmother who was of Celtic origin. Advertisement Origin of Tia Name.

Vocabulary. This translates directly to “boss” in English but is often used more expansively in Spanish. Tia is a female name. Tia is a female name. Gender of Tia. Can always make you laugh and fall in love with her more as a friend. English words for tía include aunt, auntie, aunty, chippy and mother's sister. Boy. skinny, grandma).This refers to an idiomatic word or phrase for which there is no word-for-word translation.A word or phrase that is commonly used in conversational speech (e.g. Send us will publish it for you.According to some researches that is related to meaning of TIA, Origin of TIA and Gender of TIA ,TIA is fit name.You can give to your baby with complacency.A spelling alphabet, voice procedure alphabet telephone alphabet etc. Translation of tía at Merriam-Webster's Spanish-English Dictionary. In Portuguese and Spanish tía means “aunt”. skinny, grandma).A word or phrase that is commonly used in conversational speech (e.g.

What does tía mean in Spanish? Spanish, Greek. Pronunciation.

For us it's a term of endearment which, as you stated, translates to "auntie" in English. becar. Find all the relevant details about the meaning, … the guy's incredible, he hasn't lost a single match! In the brand name, Tia is not a given name; rather, it means “aunt” in Spanish or Portuguese. 'Man raising money to pay mom's rent left speechlessHeat player leaves game on stretcher after collisionPark with Confederate sculpture shuts gates to rally Bookstore: Digital and Print Conjugations for every Spanish verb. It has been suggested that its use since the 1950s is the result of the brand name for the coffee liqueur Tia Maria. English Translation. You can sign in to vote the answer.Still have questions? The results provide the hidden meaning of the name.

Other Merriam-Webster Dictionaries

22. I've referred to them ever since I was a toddler (probably one years old but more likely two).I've always translated it as being "Auntie" being that "Tia" means "aunt".I'm not sure, but interestingly that's also how you say auntie in tagalogI'm Argentinian.Annabelle is right.Besides,there people whose surname is Titi or Teté because their relatives called them like that when they were very little.They mean nothing . skinny, grandma).Hover on a tile to learn new words with the same root.SpanishDict is the world's most popular Spanish-English dictionary, translation, and learning website.We are going to visit my aunt Elena this afternoon.Esa tía está pendiente a su celular y no está mirando donde camina.That woman is on her phone and isn't paying attention to where she's going. aunt noun: tía: auntie noun: tía: aunty noun: tía: chippy noun: fulana: mother's sister: tía: Find more words!

Word of the Day. 1 decade ago. I've always translated it as being "Auntie" being that "Tia" means "aunt". Relevance. Try Fluencia, the Spanish learning program from SpanishDict.

Tia is a short form of first names ending with “-tia”, e.g. Patsy. She can sometimes find things upsetting or just doesn’t take it as a joke.