I am using google's dns i.e 8.8.8.8 & when I changed the same for one of the users, the site was working fine. By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Stack Exchange network consists of 177 Q&A communities including These log entries look similar to entries that show up when I use tools like OpenVAS to scan a server. With slice module enabled, this curl command can always trigger the problem: Discuss the workings and policies of this site In both cases check the log file of your server to see an actual reason, it closed connection for. Please try traceroute to your client IP address or his/her gateway from your server.

Nginx defines 499 code itself. Since you cannot recreate the problem and the server itself is registering a client connection timeout, we need to suspect the developer may be behind a firewall and they have internal networking issues that cause this.You can try disabling Keep-Alive just as a test for this issue. This could be a problem with the developers' connection to the server, not the server. This comment has been minimized. is evaluated only once - at main request's rewrite phase. If I run my code against the backend service directly, I don't get the exception.

Slice module closes connection unexpectedly. While the error log above stated "0-4194304", the actual Content-Range from upstream is 1 byte fewer, also can be observed earlier in the debug error log: The Overflow Blog I have refactored the reproducer that I … Based on the log you provided from Nginx, it seems that the connections between your server and users are unstable or slow. Nginx forces a connection: close on keep-alive connections every 100 requests or so. The ping solution has the added benefit of discovering if the connection was closed unexpectedly.

It only takes a minute to sign up.I have this nginx server running on AWS & it was working all fine until recently when couple of users started complaining about the website not opening until they made some 10 attempts to access it.
These tools make bad connections, go slow or otherwise operate poorly; nginx is just reporting that some connection was not playing nice.

Learn more about Stack Overflow the company Press Windows key … Will be glad if you can share the solution.Questions: is the server behind a load balancer or a firewall? I never was able to repro the issue from my side. I will change my config to set the cache key directly. Also, ping your client IP address for a long time to see the packet loss rate and response time. Start here for a quick overview of the site Spray didn't handle that appropriately. If all the traffic is from the same source, and is rapid and doesn't have other legit requests to match in the access log it's likely just a bot-scanner kind of thing.These scanners could also be putting your application under load which could make it slow for other legitimate traffic. Solution 4 : Reset TCP/IP settings. Reported by: Xin Liu: Owned by: Priority: minor: Milestone: Component: nginx-module: Version: 1.13.x: Keywords: ngx_http_slice_module: Cc: uname -a: Linux bionic 4.15.0-20-generic #21-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 24 06:16:15 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux nginx -V: nginx version: nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu) built with OpenSSL … Here is more info: @NitishDhar Did you get to solve this problem? By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Server Fault is a question and answer site for system and network administrators. Keep-Alive & WebSockets Keep-alive pings aren’t usable for working around the above mentioned timeout as they work on the TCP level are are just empty packets. If the problem repeats, try turning off Optimize connection buffer size . Advertisement Is NAT involved? Is there a tunnel of any sort between the server and the Internet? I am also facing the same issue and just clueless. Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us

There is no 499 http code in rfc. The reason I ask is that this sounds like the sort of thing that happens when there is a tunnel someplace in the path and someone has blocked all ICMP which breaks Path MTU discovery.Also, what is the output of cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_mtu_probing Anybody can ask a question Go to the Connections tab there; Click on their ‘LAN Settings‘ there & Tick the “Use a Proxy Server for this connection.” (These settings will not apply to other connections) After completing, close the tab; That’s it, done The full debug error log regarding this one request is attached. Slice subrequests retain the old value of this key with the initial You may have to optimize your website performance.
They aren’t reported to the application and thus the application will never respond to them meaning that … site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under If there're a lot of 499s in your access_log, it's mostly caused by the slow back-ends (too slow for your users to wait). Try from different browsers/computers and then test network reliability. At any case disable the profile or app and check the page can be connected normally. Sign in to view. Could this be a similar problem?

curl -v -o /dev/null -H "Host: demo.ogslb.com" -H "Range: bytes=4000001-5000000" I'm not sure the traffic hitting your webserver but Keep-Alive could be causing you to hit the concurrency limit in your nginx config. When a client sent a request, and closed the connection without waiting for the response, a 499 code occurs. Copy link Quote reply kodemaniak commented Jun 17, 2016. When this problem occurs, this can be observed in the debug error log:

Rule it out happening elsewhere and if it's only that location, they'll need to troubleshoot on their end.