I think some people definitely don’t think the virus is as bad as it is,” she said.Her brother, a soon-to-be freshman student at Lehigh University in Pennsylvania, said the virus seems a bigger threat back home.“Coming from New York, it seems a lot more real and up close. They were seeking shade in the shadow of the island’s iconic lighthouse.Kinsley, a pre-schooler who was wearing a pink Disney princess cloth mask, was getting ready to eat something. Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d’Elegance .
Rain is common in July, usually during pop-up afternoon thunderstorms and rain showers, typically lasting no more than 30 minutes.Hilton Head activities in July are mostly centered around the beach, the pool, and the ocean. I've heard it can be unbearable. Open 0-24. “In New Jersey, everyone’s in a mask, no one’s really going out,” she said. October 23-November 1, 2020: the Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d’Elegance will bring international names in automotive collecting and racing to Hilton Head Island for its 18th annual celebration. “We’re not real happy about that.”“Our family is very healthy. It’s been blown way out of proportion.”“It’s not a zoo,” he said.

Seventy more people had the virus.On Wednesday, as scorching 95-degree heat baked the island, two families at Shelter Cove Marina stood waiting for a boat rental and a fishing trip.Their experience with the COVID-19 pandemic back home informed the precautions they were taking on Hilton Head.“We’ve just been in masks for the last three months,” Danielle Della Pella said as she stood next to her three children, all in masks at the marina. In the weeks around Memorial Day, Beaufort County was reporting between one and nine new cases per day. Everybody laughs at you.”Added his partner: “I took my precautions, but I’m here to have a good time and enjoy myself.”A woman walked by, her face wrapped in a beach towel, sunglasses resting on top.On the beach, people fanned out, cooled by the steady breeze and sprawled under umbrellas and tents.“Being outside, we feel comfortable,” said Rob Morin, clad in an American flag towel and visiting the island from the Atlanta area with his new wife, Alexa.It was the couple’s honeymoon. “Just a little stressful because no one’s wearing masks, and so we’ve been really limited as to how often we’re going out.”The Palmers were among hundreds of people, mostly unmasked, taking advantage of open shops and sunny weather.
“People are spread out and to themselves, not all up on each other,” says Sydney Ford, who’s in her early 20s.The family was relaxed until earlier that morning, said Ernesto Ford.

Near Hilton Head, SC.

“Out here it feels more like back to normal. The family packed masks to wear inside or around crowds.Still, her sister, 19-year-old Hayley Chiappetta, who is set to study nursing, said the family should get tested at the end of their vacation because they’ve been around so many strangers.Their father, Brian Chiappetta, said the pandemic doesn’t bother him. Call: +1 843-341-9568 . “The Caribbean,” chimed in Alexa. Open now. They had planned to go to Disney World, but settled for Hilton Head instead when the resort closed.Hilton Head was “more normal than I thought it could be,” said 15-year-old Caroline Chiappetta. Most of their itinerary for the week involved outdoor activities: hitting the beach, renting stand-up paddleboards and sailing.Danielle’s daughter Kailyn Reilly, 16, was wearing a purple Hilton Head Island crew neck sweatshirt and a surgical mask. The island offers a wide range of water sports such as kayaking, paddleboarding, wake sports, jetski rentals, parasailing and more. Open now. They drove from North Carolina. Open now. But first, Palmer wiped her hands vigorously to expel germs from the endless things she’d likely touched since the last sanitizing.The moment captured what it’s like to vacation on Hilton Head in 2020 during the pandemic. When she rebooked, she said, numbers of coronavirus cases were dwindling.Her observation also gave many island residents hope that the coronavirus was under control.

Hilton Head activities in July are mostly centered around the beach, the pool, and the ocean. The young couple, unmasked, said they’d arrived for a weekend trip from Raleigh.“I think it’s good, it’s very relaxing, it’s way more uptight in North Carolina,” Wall said of Hilton Head.