I am incredibly dissatisfied with the delivery service. Wish Customer Support says they will not issue a refund since the package has been scanned as delivered and told me to review their refund policy. I don't have the tracking number for the other order since it was refunded but here is the order number, 5931cb83a4d09f24cf226f8e, . If the IT guy you got to fix your computer first asks if you tried turning it off and turning off again, you wouldn’t argue with him saying you don’t need to do that! Items occasionally are lost.

I did not sign for it. I am 100% confident that it is because they are mostly a scam website.

But most importantly, it is the seller’s job to get the item into the buyer’s hands… so it is your job to do the checking.The best time to contact any post office is early in the morning, before the post office officially opens and later in the evening before it officially closes. There are workers at most post offices starting a couple of hours before the doors open and a couple of hours after the doors close. They always ask for the tracking number, which I give them, and I let them know what kind of package it was. Very frustrating! Suppose to have 2 others coming and just don't see me getting those either. And, of course, a scammer is not going to but will always say they have. Rights Reserved Ask them to check the other stuff and if they are in the few percent that mail you back that they could not find it, YOU can call their post office.you can investigate a lost package no matter where you live. Thank you Track Your Package. If your item has been delivered to a residential address but you have not received it, please first check with family to see if they signed for it. she...My shipment was delivered from bicol 11 days back .still I didn't receive...Disgusting behavior, a thieve uneducated human being that can think he can get...The game is rigged. Customer service does not give any way to type in problem, just computer with only certain questions and responses. I have security cameras that catch every angle of my house and they clearly show that no package was delivered on the day and time that it was scanned saying it was delivered. He’s just trying to figure out if that fixes the problem otherwise he would have to go to the next step.My question is what is the best way to handle a situation where the customer is upset about having to do xyz? My tracking says it was delivered, but I didn't receive it. This is not the Seller's fault, nor problem, when a package is marked as delivered but you never received it. Hi my tracking number … The shipping is a crapshoot, so definitely don't order something if you need it by a certain timeframe. Review #1266311 is a subjective opinion of Same happened to me. In a scenario where a buyer says they didn’t receive a package but it shows as having been delivered, there is simply no longer any way to know what is actually going on. Every once in a while a customer tells us their tracking says delivered but they did not receive it. It’s so frustrating and I’m not getting anywhere with them!same here these people are fraud. Sign up Do you fear that your iFixit.com order is misdelivered? If you still cannot locate your item, contact Customer Services on 08457 740 740 or complete the enquiry form online and we will investigate the situation. It is now July 19, 2017 and we have not received any of these packages. Or is it something in my original approach? 2. Top Takeaway If you haven't received your item, let the seller know within 30 days of the estimated delivery date by following the steps listed above. 577 reviews

There's a signature that they say is mint but it looks like EW which is not anything like my initials.

Because sometimes they are too busy and behind the schedule, they just mark the tracking as delivered so they don’t get penalized. If your delivery date has passed and you have not yet received your goods, contact Wish Customer Support to ask about the status of your order. If they wont do nothing for you they wont do nothing for them either. I want to know why my packages aren't being delivered, but can't ask that question! August 15: Customer requests a refund and says order did not arrive. Then let them know USPS may ship the actual item in 1~2 days after the tracking is marked as delivered.I have contacted local post offices in the past and they have told me that because I am not from the area, they won’t do anything for meI have had a lot of trouble getting help from local post offices - mainly getting through. You can contact them using the Wish app or on their website. While a refund will satisfy your obligation… your honest customer really just wants the thing they ordered… they don’t want to have to order it again and wait again so they are grateful that you are trying to find it for them.+I am so very sorry to hear that you did not receive your package. Organization number: 556737-0431Discover shops that always let you pay later with Klarna.Offer your customers the best buy now, pay later experience.Log in to get an overview of your purchases, upcoming payments and settle them easily with one click.Log in to manage your orders, payout reports, store statistics, and general settings. During the hours that the doors are open, clerks who are manning the counters and dealing with a line of people are answering (or not answering) the phones.

Wait 48 hours - in rare cases packages may say delivered up to 48 hours prior to arrival Was this information helpful? Wish Customer Support says they will not issue a refund since the package has been scanned as delivered and told me to review their refund policy. DELIVERED. And sometimes your postal carrier leaves it with a neighbor because s/he doesn’t want to leave it out in the weather.++If these measures don’t work I will file a case with the postal inspector’s office.